Soxtalk Rolling Mock Draft

Who Should San Diego take with the first pick in the NFL draft?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should San Diego take with the first pick in the NFL draft?

• Eli Manning -- QB -- Ole Miss
    • Ben Roethlisberger -- QB -- Miami (OH)
    • Larry Fitzgerald -- WR -- Pittsburgh
    • Robert Gallery -- OT -- Iowa
    • Shane Andrews -- OT -- Arkansas
    • Stephen Jackson -- RB -- Oregon St
    • Sean Taylor -- S -- Miami
    • Kellen Winslow Jr. -- TE -- Miami
    • Kenechi Udeze -- DE -- USC
    • other (specify)

I'm going to run 1 poll a weekday for the next month to make a SoxTalk Mock Draft, that everyone can have input into on every pick...

The rules:

Pick who you think the team should take with thier pick. There are NO trades. Use the Reply area to name and "other" pick, and to give suggestions on who the next team is considering taking. The poll will be open for about 24 hours... I first sign on soxtalk in the afternoon, that's when I'll generally change it.

Start making suggestions for the Oakland Raiders.

I've listed team needs next to each team. (I just copied them from some draft site, so don't yell at me if they aren't 100% accurate)

1. San Diego Chargers - QB, DL: DT & DE, LB, S, OL

2. Oakland Raiders - DT, WR, QB, S, LB

3. Arizona Cardinals - QB, CB, RB, S

4. New York Giants - OT, S, LB, QB, RB, DL

5. Washington Redskins - DL, RB, S, TE

6. Detroit Lions - CB, RB, LB, S

7(coin). Atlanta Falcons - DT, CB, S, OL,

7(coin). Cleveland Browns - LB, S, DL, OT

9. Jacksonville Jaguars - WR, DE, RB

10. Houston Texans - DL, OL, CB, S

11. Pittsburgh Steelers - QB, CB, RB, DL

12. New York Jets - WR, OL, LB, CB

13. Buffalo Bills - TE, WR, DL, DB

14. Chicago Bears - DT, OT, CB, TE, S

15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - WR, RB, OL,

16. San Francisco 49ers - OL, WR, DT,

17. Cincinnati Bengals - CB, DL

18. New Orleans Saints - LB, CB, S

19. Minnesota Vikings - CB, DE, WR

20. Miami Dolphins - DT, QB, LB, WR

21. New England Patriots (via Baltimore) - RB, LB,WR..(not much they ARE SB champs)

22. Dallas Cowboys - RB, DE, QB

23. Seattle Seahawks - DE, DT, LB, WR

24. Denver Broncos - DE, DT, CB, S

25. Green Bay Packers - DL, QB(future), WR, LB

26. St. Louis Rams - CB, FS, OL

27. Tennessee Titans - DL, WR, LB, OL

28. Philadelphia Eagles - WR, WR, WR, WR, WR, WR, WR, RB, LB, DL

29. Indianapolis Colts - CB (upgrade), LB, DL

30. Kansas City Chiefs - LB, DB's (Upgrade), DL

31. Carolina Panthers - WR, LB, FS

32. New England Patriots - RB, LB (youth), DL, FS

I voted Eli...I considered voting Taylor, but we know they won't pass on a franchise QB this time around. I'd love the Bears to get Taylor though.

Taylor is good, but no way would anyone ever draft a S with the top pick. Roy Williams is the best safety I've seen and he fell to the 7th pick in the draft.

Taylor is good, but no way would anyone ever draft a S with the top pick.  Roy Williams is the best safety I've seen and he fell to the 7th pick in the draft.

Yeah I know, but I think he'd be an awesome fit for that team. A secondary with him and Jammer in it would be tough.

There's no reason they shouldn't take Manning.  Brees has been a flop, and Flutie isn't Jesse Orosco.

They've already said Drew Brees is their QB of the future. How can you say he's a flop when he's still young, and still gaining experience in this league? :bang

Chargers don't want to get burned pickin another Ryan Leaf. THey need help everywhere so they should stockpile picks, and target sum O-Line and D-Line help. Sum good receivers would make Brees look a lot betta too.

Chargers don't want to get burned pickin another Ryan Leaf. THey need help everywhere so they should stockpile picks, and target sum O-Line and D-Line help. Sum good receivers would make Brees look a lot betta too.

They also traded down when they could have had Vick (granted the deal was very nice for them too, they got Tomlinson). Plus, there has been a tradition in winning in the family. I doubt character will be a question mark. I agree they shouldn't take a QB, but it isn't my opinion what they are going to do. I said Taylor, but they will pick Eli.

There is talk that a decision on Larry Fitzgerald's papers case may not be settled until after the draft. This would then make him eligible for the supplemental draft. The Chargers, if they take Manning, could end up with both Manning and Fitzgerald. They would still be the #1 pick in the supplemental draft, it is just if they are willing to give up a 1st rounder for him next year. Now that would be a hell of a draft. Manning and Fitzgerald, WOW!!!!

There is talk that a decision on Larry Fitzgerald's papers case may not be settled until after the draft. This would then make him eligible for the supplemental draft. The Chargers, if they take Manning, could end up with both Manning and Fitzgerald. They would still be the #1 pick in the supplemental draft, it is just if they are willing to give up a 1st rounder for him next year. Now that would be a hell of a draft. Manning and Fitzgerald, WOW!!!!

They would certainly give up their first round pick next year for him. He is a number two pick...they would for sure. Imagine Manning throwing to Fitz and Boston. Neato.

They've already said Drew Brees is their QB of the future. How can you say he's a flop when he's still young, and still gaining experience in this league? :bang

I don't ever remember them saying that Brees is their future. Why was Doug Flutie playing for half the year while their future was riding the bench? I mean they were out of the playoffs in early Oct. If you are out of the playoffs you start the young guys, well unless you are da Bears and coach Juron. Nah, Brees is not the future. They need a QB.

I don't ever remember them saying that Brees is their future. Why was Doug Flutie playing for half the year while their future was riding the bench? I mean they were out of the playoffs in early Oct. If you are out of the playoffs you start the young guys, well unless you are da Bears and coach Juron. Nah, Brees is not the future. They need a QB.

The reason why they benched Brees was because he was struggling. (or injured can't remember) They gave him some time to gather his thoughts mentally for the game. That's why Flutie was QBing for a bit. If grossy was struggeling during the season, I'm sure they would bench him a game or two just to calm him. (They did it with Harrington before the heart thing) If you noticed on one of the articles, The Charger organization, even the coach said it, said that brees is the future.

The reason why they benched Brees was because he was struggling. (or injured can't remember) They gave him some time to gather his thoughts mentally for the game. That's why Flutie was QBing for a bit. If grossy was struggeling during the season, I'm sure they would bench him a game or two just to calm him. (They did it with Harrington before the heart thing) If you noticed on one of the articles, The Charger organization, even the coach said it, said that brees is the future.

Bull. It doesn't matter if a guy is struggling or he is messed up in the head. You keep him in there and help him figure it out. They had nothing to play for anyway, besides being a spoiler(because they lost a respectable record when they lost their 9th game). Why start the 59-year old Flutie over the QB of the future, even if he is struggling and is messed up mentally? Jacksonville was in the same boat much of the year, and they stuck with their QB of the future, even when he struggled and was messed up mentally instead of going to Mark Brunell. Why's that?

San Diego will pick Manning. You think of what the Colts are right now with Peyton as the QB, James as the HB, and Harrison at WR....that's the Chargers within 5 years if everything goes par for the course, only they will probably be better. Better running game for sure, and I've heard some reports where some think that Eli could be better then Peyton, though nothing is a given for sure. Plain and simple, if San Diego does NOT pick Manning, whoever did not select him someway somehow should be slapped, because if that's the same guy that let Vick go to the Falcons, he is an idiot.

Manning is a can't miss prospect and the Chargers will take him.

Anyways, from what I've heard, there is no paperwork left and Fitzgerald will be available in the draft. The Raiders will take him, and then the Cardinals will take Roethlisberger.