Hawk Harrelson talking about........

Rex Hudler

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aboz, please don't say that. Harris needs as many supporters as possible. He needs positive attitudes to push him into a positive direction. I believe we need Harris to do well in order to contend. I am personally rooting for him to do well, because if he doesn't our team probably wont do well. If he sucks for the first 6 weeks of the season, we will not be doing very well. This goes for every player on the white sox. Lets root for our guys to do well. I havent seen Harris say or do anything in a negative light. LETS GO WHITE SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

id love to see harris make it big...but im pretty skeptical of both willie and olivo at this time...but if they both produce it should be enough to carry us over the top of a very weak division

I lost a lot of respect for Willie this weekend after I saw him every night standing in the 2nd floor area of the Hyatt smoking cigarettes.  Just what I love to see out of our 2nd baseman.

I told Steff after she asked about Willie in the Q & A that he'll be optioned to AAA by May 1st and I'm sticking to it.

Just a question, not giving you a hard time or anything, I don't smoke personally. Would you have respected Willie any more or less had he not been smoking and just sitting at the bar getting hammered?

I don't see what the big deal is about Harris smoking. So maybe he retires a year or two early. So maybe his life ends 10-20 years before it should have. That's HIS choice. It's not affecting his game an incredible amount at this time(something tells me that even if he didn't smoke he still would suck and that even if he were good, smoking would not affect him too much).

I believe Willie is this year's Jimenez and Ramirez of the year before.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think Willie is a huge stiff.

I hope we don't stick with guys too long if they suck.

Look at our schedule. We get the Royals and Yanks early.

We could really bury ourselves once again.

Let the record show Hawk did say it was in a month. After saying that he went on to bash Manuel for having him bunt all the time.

Is everyone sure it was Manuel having Willie bunt? I think he did a lot of it on his own. In fact, he said he was going to spring training early this year to work on his bunting.

Is everyone sure it was Manuel having Willie bunt? I think he did a lot of it on his own. In fact, he said he was going to spring training early this year to work on his bunting.

Well, Hawk said something like: "he hit .420 in AAA and they bring him up and have him bunting first thing." North jumped in and said "who did?" Hawk said, "Who do you think". But he said who do you think like real loud, almost yelling.

My sentiments exactly. I thought it was something he always did. But maybe Hawk has watched a lot of his tape from his AAA days and knows Willie doesn't bunt much.

Of cousre I swear Hawk and DJ are always raving about how players should bunt more :o :D