Evans strikes

Mr. Showtime

Ive always liked Ward and it woulda been nice to see the Sox get him for center but oh well. I think hes gonna be pretty darn good someday. But Houston sure didnt get ripped off either. This Lugo guy will complete the Lugo brothers (my theory is that when a guy has a brother or good friends on the team he will play better and more likely stick around) and he has some good stats...

What the f*** is up with this...we coulda gotten Ward. Hell, we coulda traded Jon Adkins for Ward....or maybe Adkins and Sanders.

That would have been special to have a father-son being apart of the same organization. Ward has some decent power and his dad is the hitting coach...and Ward has power from the left-side for christ's sake....s***...we could have gotten him....maybe now we can trade Carlos Lee for Ward....the Carlos Lee in AA ball and get revenge on Danny Evans for the Berry-Barry situation! :D

I thought Ward had played CF in the past, but after looking at it, he apparently hadn't. But after looking at some names on a list of CFers in the majors, I see that there are some around that could be had.

Not only was there Terrence Long on the list, who I wouldn't mind seeing in a Sox uniform, but also Mark Kotsay....weren't the Padres shopping him around once upon a time? I'd take him in a second....he's damn good. He'd instantly solve our problem in CF...he's got a great arm, some good defense and a good bat as well along with decent speed at the plate. And I'm not sure what it'd take to get Timo Perez out of NY, but it wouldn't be much....apparently, unless they can get someone to take on Cedeno or Burnitz, they are planning on using Cedeno in CF, if I remember correctly. I'd give them a couple prospects and Josh Paul for Perez....gotta make it a 3 for 1 deal or else KW wouldn't do it. He'd make a great #8 hitter for us....or maybe even #2 if Jose didn't hit very well from there. He doesn't walk much but doesn't strike out much either....in 444 at-bats last year, he walked 23 times and struck out 36 times....talk about a contact hitter. If given a full year, he could put up some pretty damn good numbers. He could get 200 hits and steal about 20-30 bases....and we all know how much we need more speed.

Anyways, I was just throwing a few names out there for us as fans to consider and imagine having in CF for us....not like we're going to get them.

is this considered another failed trade by evans?

I'm not an Evans fan, however, I didn't start this thread to bash him. LA has been quiet, or maybe I just haven't been paying attention. So when I saw that he made a move, I decided to post it.

Anyway, considering how the trade just happened, its' impossible to call it a good or bad move.

is this considered another failed trade by evans?

I'm not an Evans fan, however, I didn't start this thread to bash him. LA has been quiet, or maybe I just haven't been paying attention. So when I saw that he made a move, I decided to post it.

Anyway, considering how the trade just happened, its' impossible to call it a good or bad move.

ok :headbang

A Gary and Daryle Ward tandem could have been nice but I don't think Daryle has much of a future in baseball as anything more than a pinch-hitter/power hitter who doesn't start every day. He was pretty disappointing in Houston as far as improvement goes. I would love for him to prove me wrong along with some other players (i.e. Carlos Lee) and develop a Major League hitter's eye.

could ward have played CF for us???...if he could  then we really missed the boat here...again

No...Ward is compared to Lee. He's a butcher in the field and is mainly a left fielder/first baseman/dh.

I do like the guy a ton though. He'd of been an awesome pickup. Let me also say the Dodgers should play him over Brian Jordan. Ward will be a hitting machine if he gets consistent playing time.