If LA signs Maddux will Evans rekindle...

RudyLawRules

Me thinks Danny-boy hasn't learned not to deal with Boras. He's either being used so that Boras can get more out of the Cubs, or he's going to get fleeced and pay way too much for him.

In the latter case, it's not likely that he could trade, Perez for Konerko, the addition of Madux and PK to the payroll would be even to much for the Dodgers, I think.

...talks with Kenny on swapping hitting (Konerko) for some pitching (Perez, etc.)??

Of course the Flubs not getting Maddux would be a bonus.  :D

No trades are going to happen with the Dodgers. KW made this pretty apparent last weekend.

I believe if LA signs Maddux, they will be more willing to trade away one of their starting pitchers. They will be highly overloaded. I am more hoping the Sox try to get Ishii instead of Perez. Perez is a total head case and Ishii is a solid LHP. Not to mention it might be good of Takatsu as well since he and Ishii are good friends. Plus Ishii is signed through 2006 I believe. Ishii also makes less money than Perez. Which is appealing to the organization we have with the Sox. IMO

I do have a question though, if the Sox trade PK to LA. Who will the Sox have as their 1B?? Surely they can't think Frank will be able to handle a full season at 1B.

I believe if LA signs Maddux, they will be more willing to trade away one of their starting pitchers. They will be highly overloaded. I am more hoping the Sox try to get Ishii instead of Perez. Perez is a total head case and Ishii is a solid LHP. Not to mention it might be good of Takatsu as well since he and Ishii are good friends. Plus Ishii is signed through 2006 I believe. Ishii also makes less money than Perez. Which is appealing to the organization we have with the Sox. IMO

I do have a question though, if the Sox trade PK to LA. Who will the Sox have as their 1B?? Surely they can't think Frank will be able to handle a full season at 1B.

Ross Gload would prob hav to step in unless da Sox sign sum1 in FA like Randall Simon. Welcome aboard too. :D

Ishii makes less money, but would the Dodgers take on how that money? To get Ishii, we'd probably have to take some dead-money from them. I don't even know if I would perfer Ishii.

I forgot the second half of the question. CLee could play 1B, and we could go out and trade for an adequate CF or LF.

Thanks for the welcome.

Do you really think Gload is ready for the bigs?? I hope the Sox can make a deal with LA for pitching. I would feel a bit better about the starting staff. I know there was rumor of moving Lee to 1B if need be. I know Lee started in the minors as a 3rd baseman. I would assume if they moved Lee to 1B they would then move Borchard or Reed to the outfield.

ESPN has it that LA has Tracy and Colburn talking to Boras about the possible interest Maddux may have in going to LA. Seems they are working behind Evan's back. I would say that points out... "HE GONE". Which may make a deal even easier with LA since Kenny Williams doesn't have to worry about fighting with Danny Evans.

ESPN has it that LA has Tracy and Colburn talking to Boras about the possible interest Maddux may have in going to LA. Seems they are working behind Evan's back. I would say that points out... "HE GONE". Which may make a deal even easier with LA since Kenny Williams doesn't have to worry about fighting with Danny Evans.

Evans called Tracy and Colburn and asked them to place those calls.

No trades are going to happen with the Dodgers.  KW made this pretty apparent last weekend.

He did say the Maggs and Lee were staying put. That leaves Frank and PK hanging out there. It wouldn't shock me at all to see Thomas go to LA before he has to meet with Ozzie in ST.

If the Sox realize that they compete against the cubs as much as anyone, they will want to get the Dodgers to sign Maddux. I think this is where Maddux wants to go as well. With the pitchers park and that bullpen he would be unstoppable.

Now what do I think the Sox want to do???? If the Dodgers will take on salary, Konerko will be going there for Perez or Ishii. There was an idea floated about the Angels and Yankees and Troy Glause (sp?.) Get the Dodgers in the mix and you can move Beltre to the Angels, Maggs to the Dodgers, Glause to the Yanks, Yanks prospects to Angels, and for us Perez, Washburn and Erstad. I now this is fantasy baseball stuff but I really think KW needs to look at Maddux and realize if he goes to the cubs, the Sox will have to win 20 games more than the cub to even be recognized in this town. Think sox=blackhaws.

The deal I would love is Konerko for Ishii but think it will be Perez and we pay the salary difference. Thomas for Ishii may be realistic. Although if the new owner was to really make news (top Colon/Guerrero in southern California) he will want Maggs and Maddux. This could get us Ishii and a stud or Both top prospects. Depends on what Evans feels he needs to do to save his job.

Of course there's always the chance of a sign and trade(If Maddux is willing to do it) with the Dodgers getting Kong and the Sox getting Maddux. Maddux of course would have to be willing to waive his no trade rights but trading Kong does clear the salary room for Maddux, the Dodgers get their hitter for basically nothing(I'd like for them to throw in a prospect but that's not a deal breaker), the only ???? is what does Maddux get? More guaranteed money than the Scrubs were offering?

The pieces between the Sox and Dodgers are falling into place...

It was reported in USA TODAY in "The Buzz" that a channels between the Dodgers and Sox have opened up and the teams are talking about a Frank Thomas/Odalis Perez deal. I went to find a link on the internet, but I think "The Buzz" is in print only. Other players were not mentioned.

If the above is accurate, then the Dodgers would have to be interested in Maddux. A new owner looking to make a splash brings in two future HOF players, to strengthen the lineup and rotation. Getting Maddux would make Perez absolutely expendable to obtain Thomas; and may save Dan Evans job - if he is really behind it.

I also don't think the Sox/Dodger deal would be a one for one swap. A player like Mota and/or Miller would need to be added. I could be wrong but Thomas' contract seems to have more flexibility for the Dodgers than Konerko's - and combined with Thomas's name and stature in the league provides greater value in trade.

I'd really hate to lose Frank Thomas.

Even though he doesn't return phone calls ( :D ), he is still a VERY dangerous hitter and more productive than PK, especially when allowed to play defense.

I understand why LA would want Frank ( lower price tag than PK, better hitter, more name value ), but I really hope that if it comes down to FT or PK, that Paulie is the one who goes.

NOTHING AGAINST PK - I happen to believe that he's going to rebound this year and put up some really good numbers. I just think that Frank is more important to this team's offense.

The Dodgers need to do something splashy to keep up with the Joneses in Anaheim, and Maddux and Thomas would be splashy.

Of course there's always the chance of a sign and trade(If Maddux is willing to do it) with the Dodgers getting Kong and the Sox getting Maddux. Maddux of course would have to be willing to waive his no trade rights but trading Kong does clear the salary room for Maddux, the Dodgers get their hitter for basically nothing(I'd like for them to throw in a prospect but that's not a deal breaker), the only ???? is what does Maddux get? More guaranteed money than the Scrubs were offering?

Upnorth-

Maddux has made it clear he won't play in the American League. :nono

For what it's worth WSCR is saying if the Maddux to LA thing goes down they might be interested in Frank Thomas (I know how iffy all these reports can be, but for those of you at work without a radio.... that's what's being reproted)

-Also, Levine said the Cubs are probably not going to up their offer very much to Maddux, but even if LA offers more he could still sign with the Cubs

For what it's worth WSCR  is saying if the Maddux to LA thing goes down they might be interested in Frank Thomas (I know how iffy all these reports can be, but for those of you at work without a radio.... that's what's being reproted)

-Also, Levine said the Cubs are probably not going to up their offer very much to Maddux, but even if LA offers more he could still sign with the Cubs

Maddux will not sign with the cubs if LA offers equal or more money. The team is still the team that screwed him yers ago I think the whole cubbie thing on Maddux is just BS press to keep their name in the paper.

I'd really hate to lose Frank Thomas.

Even though he doesn't return phone calls ( :D ), he is still a VERY dangerous hitter and more productive than PK, especially when allowed to play defense.

I understand why LA would want Frank ( lower price tag than PK, better hitter, more name value ), but I really hope that if it comes down to FT or PK, that Paulie is the one who goes.

NOTHING AGAINST PK - I happen to believe that he's going to rebound this year and put up some really good numbers. I just think that Frank is more important to this team's offense.

The Dodgers need to do something splashy to keep up with the Joneses in Anaheim, and Maddux and Thomas would be splashy.

I agree with that, and I'd be very dissappointed it the trade were Thomas for Perez straight up. If Thomas is the person LA wants, I want at least Perez/Ishii (preferably Ishii) and Mota, maybe even adding in Miller/Jackson. Perez had a 4.50+ ERA last year, pitched less than 190 innings, in a PITCHERS park. Thomas will walk 100 times for us and is great to stick right in the three spot. I feel Thomas is much more valuable than Perez alone, and if Thomas was to be dealt, I'd want another pitcher (or 2) along with Perez/Ishii.

I think the "fairest" trade would be Konerko for Perez straight up. Both underachieved last season and either or both could rebound.

I'd also like to add that I am very much rooting for LA to land themselves Greg Maddux, so a.) we wouldn't have to hear all of the Cub-o-ganda crap, and b.) it would supply the Dodgers with an excess of starting pitching, something we desperately need.

ESPN is now stating after a month of silence, the talks between the Dodgers and Sox are heating up to a serious state again. The five o'clock sportscenter update said the talk is a Thomas for Odalis Perez swap.

Man I love Frank Thomas, but it makes you wonder what our club would look like, play like, and act like without the Big Hurt.

I agree with that, and I'd be very dissappointed it the trade were Thomas for Perez straight up.  If Thomas is the person LA wants, I want at least Perez/Ishii (preferably Ishii) and Mota, maybe even adding in Miller/Jackson.  Perez had a 4.50+ ERA last year, pitched less than 190 innings, in a PITCHERS park.  Thomas will walk 100 times for us and is great to stick right in the three spot.  I feel Thomas is much more valuable than Perez alone, and if Thomas was to be dealt, I'd want another pitcher (or 2) along with Perez/Ishii.

I think the "fairest" trade would be Konerko for Perez straight up.  Both underachieved last season and either or both could rebound.

I'd also like to add that I am very much rooting for LA to land themselves Greg Maddux, so a.) we wouldn't have to hear all of the Cub-o-ganda crap, and b.) it would supply the Dodgers with an excess of starting pitching, something we desperately need.

Unless they are talking about Mota and either Miller or Jackson in this deal coming over with Perez, I will not go to a game all year if that deal happens. :nono :angry: