If LA signs Maddux will Evans rekindle...

RudyLawRules

Frank Thomas is a franchise player. You simply cannot trade him away.

Now, the likes of Magglio, GIDPaul, CLee, Billy Botch, or Cruddy Crede, that's a different story altogether.

However, Perez by his lonesome for any of the above named would be an awful deal for the Sox.

If KW were to make a deal like what's rumored to be in the works, then he should be fired.

If the Sox realize that they compete against the cubs as much as anyone

I would argue that they compete against the Cubs MORE than anyone.

Indians and Taigas may not be in our division in 3 years. Twins may be contracted.

Cubs will be stealing our fans and revenue and screw up our chances of winning for the next century.

As much as KW doesn't like Thomas, I don't think he is stupid enough to do a deal straight up for Perez. Someone would have to be included and the new owner of the Dodgers would be dumb enough to give up someone good (Mota, Jackson, Miller) just to make headlines.

Are you suggesting that the AL will go back to 2 divisions in 3 years?

I do not know. It may or it may re-align differently. ALC will not be intact in its present shape for much longer.

Point is, Cubs are our biggest rival and it's time people (and Sox ownership) realized that.

I do not know.  It may or it may re-align differently. ALC will not be intact in its present shape for much longer.

Point is, Cubs are our biggest rival and it's time people (and Sox ownership) realized that.

This is the first I've heard about this. Do you know something, or is this an educated guess on your part?