Fonts/code/list?

Rooftop Shots

Hi! It's me the rookie again. Not sure why, but not succeeding in changing fonts on my posts. What comes up is [size 14} purple and then words, but no font changes or color.

I tried putting it before the quote, after it, and even tried highlighting it and clicking on the font/color. Tried in guided mode (Whatever that means) and normal. Also what is the code and list all about? Sorry, just trying to learn to enjoy the board more!

Hi! It's me the rookie again. Not sure why, but not succeeding in changing fonts on my posts. What comes up is [size 14} purple and then words, but no font changes or color.

I tried putting it before the quote, after it, and even tried highlighting it and clicking on the font/color.  Tried in guided mode (Whatever that means) and normal. Also what is the code and list all about? Sorry, just trying to learn to enjoy the board more!

Type the text normally.... then highlight the desired text you wish to modify, use the drop menus to make your selection. It's that simple...

it should put opening and closing tags around the desired text.

Like this

[*color=red]This text is red[*/color] Remove the * to make it work.

Type the text normally.... then highlight the desired text you wish to modify, use the drop menus to make your selection.  It's that simple...

it should put opening and closing tags around the desired text. 

Like this

[*color=red]This text is red[*/color]  Remove the * to make it work.

Hiya Doin' Mr. Cheatmeister!!

Just wanted to say Thank You for your reply. Sorry I couldn't respond back sooner, but "Wifey" was working on a huge computer project the last 3 days, so I could not respond! I hope this comes out. I highlighted the top line and scrolled down as you said, but "no asterik star"appeared for me to take it out so it would work. If it comes out Ok , then THANK YOU once again for your reply and help. If not I'm rather puzzled. LATER CHIEF!!!!!

Hiya Doin' Mr. Cheatmeister!!

Just wanted to say Thank You for your reply. Sorry I couldn't respond back sooner, but "Wifey" was working on a huge computer project the last 3 days, so I could not respond! I hope this comes out. I highlighted the top line and scrolled down as you said, but "no asterik star"appeared for me to take it out so it would work. If it comes out Ok , then THANK YOU once again for your reply and help. If not I'm rather puzzled.    LATER CHIEF!!!!!

Grumble Grumble Grumble!! Does the "guided mode, normal mode button have anything to do with this?? It's always on normal mode! I don't get it!! I highlighted the words, scrolled down just as you said. Don't know if it helps the puzzlement or not, but firsdt I hightlight, then as I press the scroll, the highlight disappears. And as mentioned before, no asterik appears. What you see on my last post is ll that came out. Sorry to be a pain, but YEAH, YOU'RE Right. It Should Be "THAT SIMPLE!!"

Grumble Grumble Grumble!!  Does the "guided mode, normal mode button have anything to do with this?? It's always on normal mode! I don't get it!!  I highlighted the words, scrolled down just as you said. Don't know if it helps the puzzlement or not, but firsdt I hightlight, then as I press the scroll, the highlight disappears. And as mentioned before, no asterik appears. What you see on my last post is ll that came out. Sorry to be a pain, but YEAH, YOU'RE Right. It Should Be "THAT SIMPLE!!"

Are you using netscape? With 7.1 you have to do some of this manually. For example[

Step 1 click on the drop down menu before typing the text. For green it will insert color=green in [] brackets

Type whatever you wish to be in green and click "close all tags" it will insert /COLOR in brackets.

Basically with color it is in brackets color=red/blue/whatever to end it is /color in brackets They have to be [] not () or or {}

The key is pulling down the menus before typing the words if you are using netscape.

Just don't use a lot of green. I don;t want to run out of the green ink.

Are you using netscape? With 7.1 you have to do some of this manually. For example[

Step 1 click on the drop down menu before typing the text. For green it will insert color=green in [] brackets

Type whatever you wish to be in green and click "close all tags" it will insert /COLOR in brackets.

Basically with color it is in brackets color=red/blue/whatever to end it is /color in brackets They have to be [] not () or or {}

The key is pulling down the menus before typing the words if you are using netscape.

Just don't use a lot of green. I don;t want to run out of the green ink.

Yes! I am using Netscape! Too long to explain but Internet Explorer was causing us a lot of computer problems! Anyway .... Here goes...... I made SURE that I used Purple!! Since you went out of your way to help me out, I will not use all of Your color green up!

Hey! Call me an ambulance!!!! I'm having a coronary!!! It worked!! Now if I can only learn how to tie my shoes and watch TV at the same time I might get the Pullitzer Prize Award!! I know that my computer skills are rather brainless at times, but I assure you!!! I am and never will be a Cubs fan!! Anyway, Thanks Guys for all your

help and hospitality! :cheers :cheers :cheers :headbang :headbang :headbang

• 9 months later...

I know this thread is old, but when I went back to Internet Explorer, I tried doing font changes the same way as when I was with Netscape, and they didn't come up. Went back and dug up this thread, and found the answer that I needed.

Thanks guys, for your past as well as present help with things!!!

Test Test Test Test

I remember this. Me and you were just starting our soxtalk journey Rooftop. Post more man, your a great poster. :cheers

Thanks! And right back at ya big guy! Also.... Sorry to see that your Reed-following insignia had to change! You seemed pretty high on him. Hurts even more now that Maggs is gone, and that we continually get "Tortured by Borchard".! Reed would have gotten his fair chance! Consolation Prize!!!... At least we got Freddy, and not wasted Reed on some washed-up has-been! Can you imagine if we got another Todd Ritchie for Reed? Glad it didn't happen!