White Sox Wins

CSF

Damn if you're a Twins fan(except for Milwaukee)....I think the Rockies are going to pound the s*** out of the ball this year, circa 1995 when they made the playoffs. They got Wilson, Johnson, Helton, Walker, Hernandez and Cust who can all probably hit 25 bombs and then they have Payton who can hit 15-20....if that series is played in Colorado, I think the Rockies could be in heaven...then again, the Twins are a doubles team, and some of those doubles could be homers.

Who knows.

It's not just the Cubs vs. Brewers, though the Cubs were 11 games better than Milwaukee last year and if either team is going to improve in 2003 you'd have to figure it would be the Cubs. But the Dodgers were 19 games better than the Rockies. In my book, that says "Major advantage, Twins".

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sox should be able to feast on the Central division this year and I think at least split with the Twins. With the addition of Colon, the continued improvement of Garland and Wright and a break out year from Carlos Lee, I think the Sox can win 92-95 games and take the division.

I would still like the Sox to try and go after Beltran and with the history of Kansas City trades (see Dye and Damon) could get him relatively cheap.

Rowand, Ginter, Josh Stewart for Beltran.

The Sox should be able to feast on the Central division this year and I think at least split with the Twins.  With the addition of Colon, the continued improvement of Garland and Wright and a break out year from Carlos Lee, I think the Sox can win 92-95 games and take the division.

I would still like the Sox to try and go after Beltran and with the history of Kansas City trades (see Dye and Damon) could get him relatively cheap.

You're forgetting that Dye and Damon were both traded to Oakland. We don't have Billy Beane as our GM.

The Sox should be able to feast on the Central division this year and I think at least split with the Twins.  With the addition of Colon, the continued improvement of Garland and Wright and a break out year from Carlos Lee, I think the Sox can win 92-95 games and take the division.

Your reasons for beating up central teams is why I believe that the Wild Card will come from the central division this year.

I just can't see the AL West teams continually beating eachother up and still being able to win the division with one wild card winner.

The Sox and Twins will be playing a bunch of terrible teams.

I love your idea of Beltran..to me it would complete a perfect offseason. He's been available for some time and from what I've heard they aren't looking for too much for him. I think they just want to dump his contract and that would be a more then fair deal for Beltran, imo.

They got a starting pitcher, they could go into their rotation now, a replacement for Rowand, plus Ginter who could relieve (Although I think he stinks and I'll say good riddance). We get a really good defensive and offensive centerfielder.

Welcome aboard!!!

Your reasons for beating up central teams is why I believe that the Wild Card will come from the central division this year.

I just can't see the AL West teams continually beating eachother up and still being able to win the division with one wild card winner.

I love your idea of Beltran..to me it would complete a perfect offseason.  He's been available for some time and from what I've heard they aren't looking for too much for him.  I think they just want to dump his contract and that would be a more then fair deal for Beltran, imo.

They got a starting pitcher, they could go into their rotation now, a replacement for Rowand, plus Ginter who could relieve (Although I think he stinks and I'll say good riddance).  We get a really good defensive and offensive centerfielder.  

Welcome aboard!!!

Thanks chisoxfn. I've known Mario for a couple years now going back to the ESPN board. I haven't been back here for quite some time now but the site looks great!

According to the Royals hotstove report on ESPN, they would like to dump Beltran by the start of spring training. The only draw back is that Beltran's agent is Scott Borras but Beltran is under contract through the end of the 2004 season. In this day and age I think this offer is more than fair. Could you imagine an outfield of Lee, Beltran and Ordonez? :headbang

CF Beltran

SS Valentin

DH Thomas

RF Ordonez

1B Konerko

LF Lee

3B Crede

2B Jimenez

C Olivo

:bringit Twinkies!

I love your idea of Beltran..to me it would complete a perfect offseason.  He's been available for some time and from what I've heard they aren't looking for too much for him.  I think they just want to dump his contract and that would be a more then fair deal for Beltran, imo.

They got a starting pitcher, they could go into their rotation now, a replacement for Rowand, plus Ginter who could relieve (Although I think he stinks and I'll say good riddance).  We get a really good defensive and offensive centerfielder.  

Welcome aboard!!!

Thanks chisoxfn. I've known Mario for a couple years now going back to the ESPN board. I haven't been back here for quite some time now but the site looks great!

According to the Royals hotstove report on ESPN, they would like to dump Beltran by the start of spring training. The only draw back is that Beltran's agent is Scott Borras but Beltran is under contract through the end of the 2004 season. In this day and age I think this offer is more than fair. Could you imagine an outfield of Lee, Beltran and Ordonez? :headbang

CF Beltran

SS Valentin

DH Thomas

RF Ordonez

1B Konerko

LF Lee

3B Crede

2B Jimenez

C Olivo

:bringit Twinkies!

That line up has my mouth watering!

How many White Sox wins this year?  My predictions are always the same.                        Reg season= 162                                                                                                                  Play-offs  =    7                                                                                                                      Series      =    4                                                                                                                      Total        = 173

love the way you think!!!!!!! :headbang

mooch....I'd put Jimenez at the top and put Beltran at the #5 spot...break up all our righties, and with Beltran's speed, he could leg out more doubles and triples for us....giving Konerko and Lee more RBI opportunities.

I don't like the idea of having a 30 homer guy at the top of the lineup....never have.

92 wins and a wild card playoff birth. No more and no less, they go down in 1st round btw.

Cubs are gonna be outta the race in March......before the season starts.

pretty sad then since they are gonna be a better team then the sox, isnt sayin much for them then is it?

LOL... I don't think the Sox are going to win 100 games like everyone here seems to think, but you have to be doing some hard drugs to make that assertion.