Cubans try to get to US on board a

Texsox

CUBA_BOAT_CAR.sff_MH102_20040204115937.j

MIAMI (AP) - Two Cubans who tried to sail to Florida in a truck converted to a pontoon boat last year are making another attempt, this time piloting a seagoing 1950s-era Buick with nine other people, including five children, relatives said.

Marciel Basanta Lopez and Luis Gras Rodriguez, who were sent back to Cuba in July after they failed to reach Florida in a converted 1951 Chevy pickup, were allegedly at the helm of the newest vehicle-boat conversion.

The Coast Guard refused on Wednesday to confirm the status of the tailfinned car or the origin of photos of it in the water that were broadcast on television Tuesday. U.S. policy prevents the disclosure of information on such cases until they are resolved, such as by sending the participants back to their home countries, Petty Officer Sandra Bartlett said.

Under U.S. immigration policy, Cubans who reach U.S. shores are allowed to stay while those caught at sea are usually returned.

Rest of the storyCUBA_CAR_BOAT.sff_HAV101_20040204103010.

yea those cubban cigars would be so nice to obtain at a store instead of on the black market :)

There are way too many counterfeit Cuban cigars on the market. Mexico does not have any restrictions and there are a couple cigar shops that carry the real deal at $$$ prices. Right next store is a shop that will sell Cuban cigars for $. I have had friends tell me they can tell the difference immediately.

There are way too many counterfeit Cuban cigars on the market. Mexico does not have any restrictions and there are a couple cigar shops that carry the real deal at $$$ prices. Right next store is a shop that will sell Cuban cigars for $. I have had friends tell me they can tell the difference immediately.

i can too.