Two players that HAVE to rebound

sox-r-us

Now that we know what team we are going into the season with, I think our chances of adding vs subtracting at the A/S break depends on these two people

Paulie Konerko and Billy Koch

If these two revert back to their form before last year, we will be adding, there is no doubt in my mind

We all know what we will get from Maggs, Frank, Valentin, Carlos Lee on O

We all know what we will get from Buerhle and Elo and Garland in pitching

But if we can get PK and Billy back to performing what they are paid to perform at, we will be fine to win this weak ass division

People like Willie Harris, Rowand can only get better on O from last year (at least from 1st half of last year)

We will drop in production from #4 and 5 in pitching.....which is why a good bullpen is A MUST, which is where Billy comes in. Although we cannot get any worse in our #5 production from last year.

Billy, Zero, Marte, Wright, Wunsch, Person could be a good bull pen if Billy rebounds.

People like Willie Harris, Rowand can only get better on O from last year (at least from 1st half of last year)

I think these two statements are anything but certainties.

I don't think I have any clue what we'll get from Loaiza and Garland this season. My hunch is that Loaiza falls back to earth a bit, but Garland gets a little better. And that would be fine, but it also wouldn't surprise me to see Loaiza wind up at 8-15 with a 4.50 ERA, and Garland having another frustrating, good outing/horrible outing, type year.

I also don't understand what you're basing your statement that Harris and Rowand "can only" be better this year. Both really have never played a whole season in the pros, and their numbers in limited at-bats are pretty underwhelming. I certainly believe they could be better, but saying they can ONLY be better is a pretty big reach IMO.

Now that we know what team we are going into the season with, I think our chances of adding vs subtracting at the A/S break depends on these two people

Paulie Konerko and Billy Koch

If these two revert back to their form before last year, we will be adding, there is no doubt in my mind

We all know what we will get from Maggs, Frank, Valentin, Carlos Lee on O

But if we can get PK and Billy back to performing what they are paid to perform at, we will be fine to win this weak ass division

We will drop in production from #4 and 5 in pitching.....which is why a good bullpen is A MUST, which is where Billy comes in. Although we cannot get any worse in our #5 production from last year.

Billy, Zero, Marte, Wright, Wunsch, Person could be a good bull pen if Billy rebounds.

I hate to be rude, but....

thank you Captain Obvious :)

Don't forget Cliff Pollite. I think he could have a big year as well.

Hmm maybe #5 starter?  :huh

He has been a starter in the past.

If Cliff Pollite ends up bein our #5 starter, don't be hopeful of anythin good. He'll be our righty set-up guy in da pen, take ova from Flash "Gimme 1 month in da Bronx to blow out my arm" Gordon.