Playmakers Cancelled.....

SnB

That sucks.... SoxnBears is right though... It's only because they don't want to stand up to the NFL ... It was getting more than twice the ratings than anything else in that slot.

ESPN has too much to lose... make the NFL angry and they might pull Sunday Nights or something like that... I hate the Idea that im not gonna see the show again... but I do understand why ESPN didnt wanna disturb the cashcow the NFL is for them

ESPN has too much to lose... make the NFL angry and they might pull Sunday Nights or something like that... I hate the Idea that im not gonna see the show again... but I do understand why ESPN didnt wanna disturb the cashcow the NFL is for them

Seriously, I can understand it too. Do you kids go kick your mom the day before she gives you your allowance?

What about an NBA Playmakers. You have all the illigitamet(sp) children, and the jail blazers

Possible Episodes:

Zach Randolph and Ruben Patterson fighting

Damon Stoudamire with Marijuana

The Public of Portland vs Rasheed Wallace :lol:

I Think the problem is ESPN probalby has contractual rights to it and I doubt its producers could go elsewhere. Although ESPN could sell their rights to another station and let them produce it, but I think they would hate giving it to Fox Sports who would then be able to have it headline their station.

Maybe if HBO or FX would pick it up, then I could see ESPN allowing it, but I think the whole point is they don't want to lose the NFL. Those pansies.

I Think the problem is ESPN probalby has contractual rights to it and I doubt its producers could go elsewhere.  Although ESPN could sell their rights to another station and let them produce it, but I think they would hate giving it to Fox Sports who would then be able to have it headline their station.

Maybe if HBO or FX would pick it up, then I could see ESPN allowing it, but I think the whole point is they don't want to lose the NFL.  Those pansies.

If HBO got it, it would get even better with language and maybe story lines.

I ended up liking Playmakers more than I thought I would, but I can live without it.

I wonder if HBO would take it on, since they also do that "Inside The NFL" show.

My guess is HBO wouldn't mind taking the chance of pissing off the NFL, unless they are also somehow tied in with ESPN's parent company.