Sharon to compromise on Gaza?

southsider2k5

No one else has mentioned this yet, but I think it is a courageous step towards compromise and maybe a step towards a final settlement of things here. Getting out of the occupied territories could get the ball towards peace rolling. Plus Israelis seem to support the move at about a 60% rate.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/02/02/...gaza/index.html

It makes sense from a military standpoint. They can't defend these settlements. He's also said this kind of thing before:

The opposition Labor Party was also skeptical of Sharon's announcement. Labor Party Knesset member Ofir Pines said that Sharon's interview was "one big bluff."

"Sharon has said thousands of times that he intends to dismantle settlements, but he has yet to dismantle even one," Pines told The Jerusalem Post.

What an anti-Semite that guy is!

This won't lead to peace, there will never be peace there, with the Palestinian mentality that the Jews shouldn't exist.

the poster "steve bartman's my idol" is our good friend Israel4Life with another name

not sure why I4L needs two poster names but there it is -

Sorry, we are not the same person, don't know who gave you this information.

don't matter - no soxtalk rules have been broken - not been spam or anything else - just pointing out what the ip addresses and other information reveal - those things do get observed now and again and the writing style was the tip off - as I said, no problem because no rules have been violated but people may or may not have a right to know to whom they are speaking