Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Matrix

X-Men

Titanic

Scarface

Planet of the Apes

Godfather (all of them)

Kickboxing (Van Dam is amazing in that movie)

Forest Gump (used to be my nickname lol)

The Good the Bad and the Ugly (one of my favorite western movies)

The Wizard of Oz (classic movie)

Add in: Remember the Titans (one of my favorite movies up to date)

r4ad-cvr-lrg.jpg

Riveting Ellen Burtyn (later robbed by Horsey McMarriagebreaker)? Check

Jen Connely's ever excellent bush? Check

Unwatchable last 20 minutes? Check

One of the greatest trailers I ever seen was for LOTR: Two Towers set to Clint Mansell's score. Just wow.

So did Melvin Douglas.

I saw Ninotchka and Being There back to back.  In reverse order.    :o

BTW....seeing the Spinal Tap....where's the Producers  and Young Frankie?

Young Frankenstein AND it's inspiration, James Whale's masterpiece the Bride of Frankenstein (the high point of the classic Universal Horror era) SHOULD be in the list. It was hard enough to hold it to 30! The Producers is way up there, too, and a great film I have not seen in several years.

Anyone else think Scarface is really overrated? I can think off the top of my head many better gangster movies than it; Goodfellas, Miller's Crossing, The Untouchables, The Godfather series and I'm sure there are more. I just never understood the hype of Scarface. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it. I just won't put it in the same league as some of the greats.

Anyone else think Scarface is really overrated? I can think off the top of my head many better gangster movies than it; Goodfellas, Miller's Crossing, The Untouchables, The Godfather series and I'm sure there are more.  I just never understood the hype of Scarface.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it.  I just won't put it in the same league as some of the greats.

:nono

Santo, is that movie really "disturbing"? The registered members on IMDB seem to believe so.  Several babies on that site mentioned how they cried at the end of the movie......is it really that depressing?

There are some disturbing images, but if you don't do drugs, you shouldn't be disturbed.

Um, lots of my top movies have already been mentioned, but here are some of mine that haven't already been brought up:

Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet and Henry V

When Harry Met Sally (I know, I know)

A Night at the Opera (Anything Marx Brother's--or Charlie Chaplin)

Trainspotting

It's a Wonderful Life

Sense and Sensibility and the BBC Pride and Prejudice

Clueless

Amelie

Memento

Cool Hand Luke

Life of Brian

Monty Pythan and the Holy Grail

Beauty and the Beast (yes, the cartoon...)

Young Frankenstein AND it's inspiration, James Whale's masterpiece the Bride of Frankenstein

Believe it or not, I have NEVER seen those Boris Karloff flix in their entirety. I know it's canon....but still. I think hippie child Rose McGowan looks uncannily like Whale's favorite actress Elza something-semething, tho.

When you say "James Whale" you know what comes to mind? That unforgettable portrayal by one of my faves Sir Ian Mckellan in Gods and Monster.