Best Movies of All Time

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else think Scarface is really overrated?

Scarface blows.

Worst Movie I've Ever Seen-Dumb and Dumberer

I laughed at that one and didn't care for the first one, but then again I also found

Forest Gump and the Matrix, very boring.

Kickboxing (Van Dam is amazing in that movie)

It's kickboxer actually I think. Besides Bloodsport is a way better Van Dam flick.

I'll try to just add new ones to this thread.

The Shinning

Philadelphia

Demolition Man

Shawshank Redemption (already mentioned)

Awakanings

Dead Poets Society

Baseketball

Army of Darkness

Full Metal Jacket

Tombstone

The Party.........

More to follow must check my collection

My List In Alpha Order:

As Good As It Gets

The Big Lebowski

Field of Dreams

Full Metal Jacket

High Fidelity

Lost In Translation

Office Space

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Pulp Fiction

Reservoir Dogs

The Royal Tenebaums

Unbreakable

Three Kings

Besides I already saw Attack of the killer Tomatoes and Clueless among other bulls*** movies on this thread so my favorite Bulls*** movies are fair game. :headbang

come matt..."attack of the killer tomatoes" had the best one liner in movie history

when the undercover agent was disguised as a tomato in their camp and then gave himself away at dinner by saying "somebody pass the ketchup " :D

(In no particular order) - My "Dirty Dozen":

1. The Magnificent Seven

2. GoodFellas

3. Field of Dreams

4. The Godfather

5. Forrest Gump

6. It's A Wonderful Life

7. The Shawshank Redemption

8. Star Wars

9. Raging Bull

10. Casablanca

11. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

12. When Harry Met Sally

Hey, Nuke,

From what I've read around here, I assume you're overseas somewhere defending our country. If no one has said this recently, THANK YOU. God bless you and protect you. You are a true American hero. Be careful, and take care.

And for the record, I've been to Cleveland twice - and I am so sorry I ever was there. What a dump. I felt like showering for an hour after both trips.

So I agree - NUKE CLEVELAND. :headbang

:usa :usa :usa

Believe it or not, I have NEVER seen those Boris Karloff flix in their entirety.  I know it's canon....but still.  I think hippie child Rose McGowan looks uncannily like Whale's favorite actress Elza something-semething, tho.

When you say "James Whale" you know what comes to mind?  That unforgettable portrayal by one of my faves Sir Ian Mckellan in Gods and Monster.

That's right - Elsa Lanchester was Whale's fav actress. She played both Mary Shelly and the Bride (credited as "?") in the film.

James Whale was the Tim Burton of his day, and the relationship between Frankenstein and teh Bride is very much like that of Burton's Batman and Batman Returns. Burton was kind of bored of Batman and put a lot of his personal touches on teh second on eto keep it creatively interesting or him.

I am the only one who put Ben Hur on their list :o

Other Great Movies I have not seen mentioned:

Dances With Wolves

Rain Man

The Deer Hunter

The French Connection

Citizen Kane

ET

Raging Bull

MASH

L.A. Confidential

10 american flix that I like a lot:

-Godfather Twology

-Apocalypse Now

-Dr. Strangelove

-Chinatown

-Clockwork Orange

-Fargo

-Pulp Fiction

-Annie Hall

-Glengary Glen Ross

-Dogday Afternoon

-Lawrence of Arabia

-Silence of the Lambs

man, this is ONE evil thread.

The thing is, all of the above were made in

the early 60s

early-mid 70

early-mid 90s

That leaves almost 100 years of cinema unaccounted for. Hmm.

NOt even the best basketball movie ever.

You can't top Hoosiers.  Period.

Excellent point.

1524 I forgot Rain Man good call.

Baggio, I like Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, don't get me wrong, it just doesn't usually make a best movie poll.

This is kinda off topic, but do any of you guys remember a movie about a kidnapped little boy named Alex. His mother was a divorced and they had a gay housekeeper named Philip. There was underpants found under the sink with blood on them but the case was never solved for like 7 years when the detective was out with his own son and somehow saw a kid that looked like Alex and it ended up being him? I think there was a lady that was sure she was seeing this little boy in her neighborhood who kept calling the police year after year but they didn't believe her cause she was kind of crazy..? Does anyone remember the movie or the name of it?

This is kinda off topic, but do any of you guys remember a movie about a kidnapped little boy named Alex. His mother was a divorced and they had a gay housekeeper named Philip. There was underpants found under the sink with blood on them but the case was never solved for like 7 years when the detective was out with his own son and somehow saw a kid that looked like Alex and it ended up being him? I think there was a lady that was sure she was seeing this little boy in her neighborhood who kept calling the police year after year but they didn't believe her cause she was kind of crazy..? Does anyone remember the movie or the name of it?

jurassic park

Excellent point.

1524 I forgot Rain Man good call.

Baggio, I like Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, don't get me wrong, it just doesn't usually make a best movie poll.

i know matt..i was just joking around adding that one..

a couple years ago attack of the killer tomatoes was voted the worst movie ever made...thats why i added it my list

but my pick fopr the worst ever is "message in a bottle"...after 3 hours of that i had a noose around my neck out in the backyard looking for a sturdy branch...if i ever seen kevin costner in person im gonna kick his ass :headbang