Chi Sox 2003

Guest wsc425

While I take a break from this stupid game, I'd think I should post something. So, a couple of things.

A.) Will there be another acquisition by KW?

Answer: According to sources nothing will happen soon. Doubtful that something will happen at Sox Fest.

B.) Is the lineup set?

Yes, the 25-man is in order. So its, Buehrle, Colon, Garland, Wright, Rauch, Ginter, Glover, Koch, Marte, White, Gordon, Wunsch, Konerko, Jimenez, Valentin, Crede, Olivo, Lee, Rowand, Ordonez, Thomas, Graffanino, Rios, Alomar, Harris.

C.) Are Harris and Borchard ready?

Harris no, Borchard no. Harris couldn't hit for crap this year in the bigs. Borchard can hit; but he needs to cut down on his strike outs for the big league level. However, Borchard will probably be here before we know it, if Rowand isn't producing right away, needed we are getting off to a good start.

D.) Is Rowand fully healed, and READY TO PRODUCE?

Rowand, who suffered a ruptured shoulder blade and broken ribs in November, is most likely to be held out of ST. He said a week ago that he wasn't able to bat or throw yet. I doubt he is ready to produce. It is his fault that he went "biking" that day, friken liyar.

There are many ?'s to ponder, and yet, lets get some off our minds and discuss.

Sox usually have 12 pitchers...btw, is there a rule that u have to have 5 starters?

KW already said that the addition of colon and the innings he can work means the sox will only take 11 pitchers north...

im not counting on rowand being ready...without any further moves i believe borchard will open in CF..ive heard all this stuff about the sox not thinking he is ready and even joe himself saying he is not ready but he is a bonus baby.. he's now 24...austin kearns ,22 and adam dunn ,23 two guys that were compared to borchard in the minors are both in the majors doing very well...with pitchers its a different story..with an everyday player like borchard with his kind of talent its time...plus he has what rowand will never have and something this team needs desperately... left handed power...left handed "big time " power...

i figure in the last two spots...borchard ahead of rowand (who may start the year on the DL) and paul instead of ginter...we will go with three catchers since mr. versatility can play other places...

i dont think there will be any real surprise players like porzio was last year

I figure we may make some more minor moves to increase the depth of the team....maybe signing a starter to a minor league deal, signing a few position players and signing a few minor league catchers to deals....you gonna count on Mark Delasandro to be our 3rd catcher(assuming Sandy goes down)? I sure as hell ain't.

I also agree that Borchard probably will open in CF, unless Rowand is fully healthy....or else we sign Cruz or someone else to play CF. That is the only position you could call a hole, and it's essentially filled....it is just a matter of either Borchard or Rowand.

Also....Harris will probably make the 25-man out of ST, regardless of how well he plays. We will need a backup CFer and it his speed would be nice off the bench in the late innings.

While I take a break from this stupid game

Im guessing this stupid game would be the Super Bowl, which in my opinion is the most boring one weve had in like a decade? You a Raiders fan, wsc? Im not but Im gonna lose 5 bucks if they lose (Id gain twenty if they win). They just blocked a punt and took it in for the touchdown but theyre still down by 19 with 14:16 left. The Raiders have a potent offense and theres a tiny possibility that they come back and that would make it one of the greatest Super Bowls in history. But I doubt that will happen...

Im guessing this stupid game would be the Super Bowl, which in my opinion is the most boring one weve had in like a decade? You a Raiders fan, wsc? Im not but Im gonna lose 5 bucks if they lose (Id gain twenty if they win). They just blocked a punt and took it in for the touchdown but theyre still down by 19 with 14:16 left. The Raiders have a potent offense and theres a tiny possibility that they come back and that would make it one of the greatest Super Bowls in history. But I doubt that will happen...

sorry dude..not agaisnt a john gruden coached team...if it were against a wannstadt team then id say you would have a chance...but gruden is one of the best when it comes to time management

sorry dude..not agaisnt a john gruden coached team...if it were against a wannstadt team then id say you would have a chance...but gruden is one of the best when it comes to time management

Yeah, down by 19 with 8 minutes left, they aint got a chance. That would take a touchdown with the extra point every two and a half minutes the rest of the game. Which against Gruden (heck, even against Wannstedt) aint gonna happen...

This Super Bowl sucks, just like the last three.

The last 3? Highly doubtful.

In 1999(it was actually 4 Superbowls ago), that was a very good Superbowl, and the Titans were 1 yard short of tying the game up when time expired....that was an incredible finish.

In 2000, you saw a defense that was one of the more dominant defenses we have seen in a damn long time, and a QB that was not even good but had won numerous straight games.

Last year was one of the better Superbowls we have seen in a long time...possibly even better than 1999's Superbowl. You could basically say it was the Bills Superbowl that wasn't....because I believe 10 years ago prior to that Superbowl, the Bills missed winning a Superbowl by inches, with Phil Moorman(?...sad...I can't even remember the kicker from my favorite team from years ago) kicking it...but Tom Brady marched his troops down the field and Adam Viniateri kicked a field goal from 45 yards out or whatever it was and that was quite possibly the finest moment in Superbowl history....I don't know how many other Superbowls have ever ended like that...and all this 5 months after the 9/11 terrorist attack....and boy was South Dakota proud of its South Dakota kicker Viniateri(and he went to SDSU, not damn USD)....that was an incredible Superbowl.

This one is looking like it could be good...but after that call, it looks like the refs want Tampa to win as well. I'd guess that Tampa will win this game mainly because the refs have screwed up two calls so damn badly.

This Super Bowl sucks, just like the last three.

The last 3? Highly doubtful.

In 1999(it was actually 4 Superbowls ago), that was a very good Superbowl, and the Titans were 1 yard short of tying the game up when time expired....that was an incredible finish.

In 2000, you saw a defense that was one of the more dominant defenses we have seen in a damn long time, and a QB that was not even good but had won numerous straight games.

Last year was one of the better Superbowls we have seen in a long time...possibly even better than 1999's Superbowl. You could basically say it was the Bills Superbowl that wasn't....because I believe 10 years ago prior to that Superbowl, the Bills missed winning a Superbowl by inches, with Phil Moorman(?...sad...I can't even remember the kicker from my favorite team from years ago) kicking it...but Tom Brady marched his troops down the field and Adam Viniateri kicked a field goal from 45 yards out or whatever it was and that was quite possibly the finest moment in Superbowl history....I don't know how many other Superbowls have ever ended like that...and all this 5 months after the 9/11 terrorist attack....and boy was South Dakota proud of its South Dakota kicker Viniateri(and he went to SDSU, not damn USD)....that was an incredible Superbowl.

This one is looking like it could be good...but after that call, it looks like the refs want Tampa to win as well. I'd guess that Tampa will win this game mainly because the refs have screwed up two calls so damn badly.

OK, 1999 I missed the Super Bowl. I lived in Spain so the game came on at like 3 in the morning, I screwed up trying to tape it and even tho a Spanish teacher at my school offered me the tape I was mad and I said no. Ive seen the final play several times since but never have seen the entire game. It still did look like an awesome game tho.

In 2000 I was rooting for the Ravens ever since like week four of that season. They said the Ravens stunk and when they started playing well I went for the underdogs like I usually do. Then they made the playoffs and won the Super Bowl and that was awesome. Even tho it wasnt very close Im just glad that the team I was rooting for won.

In 2001, theres no argument there. That was a great Super Bowl. It was the third straight season where a team came outta no where to win it all.

As for this year, the Raiders look like they could make a comeback but if they fail itll hurt even more to me. If they just got blown out it wouldnt be very exciting but Id know we never had a chance. Now that a comeback has been mentioned, I want it and I cant go without it. Same thing with the Sox. If the Sox are down by 5 in the final innings and they cut the deficit to one before finally losing, Id be even more dissappointed than if they just lost by the original margin because Id know we had the chance. That said, its the 2 minute warning and Oaklands still down by 13, its over...

the Bills missed winning a Superbowl by inches, with Phil Moorman(?...sad...I can't even remember the kicker from my favorite team from years ago) kicking it...but Tom Brady marched his troops down the field and Adam Viniateri kicked a field goal from 45 yards out or whatever it was and that was quite possibly the finest moment in Superbowl history....

Moorman? You are no Bills fan, no way!!!!!!

Scott Norwood is the kicker in question.

As for Tom Brady, I loved watching him play his college career, including two outstanding years as starting qb, in the same uniform as appears in my signature -

Sox usually have 12 pitchers...btw, is there a rule that u have to have 5 starters?

I've heard rumors that they are going to carry 11 or at least start the season with 11.

Right now I see the rotation as this

Buerhle

Colon

Garland

Wright

Rauch

White

Gordon

Marte

Glover

Koch

Wunsch

If they are to carry 12, then I'd have to put Almonte, Stewart, Munoz or Sanders as the favorites. I can't stand Ginter.

I figure we may make some more minor moves to increase the depth of the team....maybe signing a starter to a minor league deal, signing a few position players and signing a few minor league catchers to deals....you gonna count on Mark Delasandro to be our 3rd catcher(assuming Sandy goes down)?  I sure as hell ain't. 

I also agree that Borchard probably will open in CF, unless Rowand is fully healthy....or else we sign Cruz or someone else to play CF.  That is the only position you could call a hole, and it's essentially filled....it is just a matter of either Borchard or Rowand.

Also....Harris will probably make the 25-man out of ST, regardless of how well he plays.  We will need a backup CFer and it his speed would be nice off the bench in the late innings.

I'm with you. I think they should sign another catcher to a minor league deal and I'd like to sign another starter as well.

JB would of been nice, but we all know he'll make the Royals rotation.

It was also interesting to see Parque go to Tampa...a wise choice, imo.

I think we all know Sandy has a good shot at going down, which means Paul has to either clear waivers and go to the minors or stick on our roster as the 3rd catcher, cause I sure as heck ain't going to trust Delasandro or Lee Evans there.

the Bills missed winning a Superbowl by inches, with Phil Moorman(?...sad...I can't even remember the kicker from my favorite team from years ago) kicking it...but Tom Brady marched his troops down the field and Adam Viniateri kicked a field goal from 45 yards out or whatever it was and that was quite possibly the finest moment in Superbowl history....

Moorman? You are no Bills fan, no way!!!!!!

As for Tom Brady, I loved watching him play his college career, including two outstanding years as starting qb, in the same uniform as appears in my signature -

Come on....you gotta give me some slack. How the hell am I supposed to remember one of the most depressing moments in Bills history? You're supposed to forget those things, and that's exactly what I did! :D

I don't know how I messed it up that bad though....Moorman is the punter for the Bills right now....don't ask me how I messed it up that badly...I guess it was because they sound a little a like. Besides, I was like 5 at the time it happened....I was barely out of diapers and I had finally caught on to chewing(or had been chewing for 1 year atleast...seriously....once, when I was like 18 months old, I found a peanut M&M and swallowed it whole....no joke....I found my parents and they got it out of me...when I was like 4 I finally figured out what those hard white things in my mouth were for)...you expect me to know anything about the Superbowl yet or even the great organization that is the Buffalo Bills or even the Chicago White Sox(hell, with the way my dad was, the only team I knew was the Minnesota Twins...quite sad)?

Atleast I'm alright right now!

Moorman?  You are no Bills fan, no way!!!!!!

I did a double take wondering if I was wrong. That was the first super bowl game I truely remember watching all of. Being as I 20 now you do the math. I have only ever broken one bone in my whole life and that was kicking the couch in Super Bowl 30 after Neil O'Donnel's 2nd pick the best int percentage in NFL history and then that brutal pass right to Larry Brown...BAM broken toe. We in Canada often call it the Super Bore and favor the Grey cup that tends to be good every year but the game has been about 50/50 the last decade. As for the baseball in this thread, Ginter blows(all appoligies to the person who hates when people trash Sox players) and we probably won't get to see a more deserving Almonte et al. because the Tinkerer will need more bench players whose names will go into the hat before he drafts the lineup.