no pizza in texas

Texsox

Nope, there is no pizza in Texas. The worst pizza in Chicago is way better than the best in Texas. And they cut the damn thing in pie shaped wedges instead of squares. I refuse to call any round thing with cheese and sauce a pizza just because some chain calls it that.

Give me a

A. Pat's Revenge from Pat's Pizza in Grayslake. Sausage, Green Pepper, Onion, and Mushroom.

B. Lou Malnatti's deep dish sausage

C. Damn I forget the place near Algonquin and 53 in Schaumburg. Great bacon (not canadian) pizza.

Nope, there is no pizza in Texas. The worst pizza in Chicago is way better than the best in Texas. And they cut the damn thing in pie shaped wedges instead of squares. I refuse to call any round thing with cheese and sauce a pizza just because some chain calls it that.

Give me a

A. Pat's Revenge from Pat's Pizza in Grayslake. Sausage, Green Pepper, Onion, and Mushroom.

C. Damn I forget the place near Algonquin and 53 in Schaumburg. Great bacon (not canadian) pizza.

Lou Malnatti's ships, Tex. You can get them here, and you can get Eli's cheesecake, Homerun Inn pizza, Rainbow Cone (half-mile from where I grew up, yumm!) and a bunch of other stuff too. It has gotten me through dark pizza times down here. You used to be able to get Portillo's through the same vendor, but now theye have their own store, so if you're missing Itallian beef too, your salvation is a couple of clicks away!

MI's pizza is pretty bad. There is this one place that says it has 'Chicago's deepdish pizza just like from Chicago,' yet it doesn't taste anything like Chicago pizza. I live off Little Ceasar's because it's five bucks for a large and it's right next to my dorm.

MI's pizza is pretty bad. There is this one place that says it has 'Chicago's deepdish pizza just like from Chicago,' yet it doesn't taste anything like Chicago pizza. I live off Little Ceasar's because it's five bucks for a large and it's right next to my dorm.

there simply is no pizza in Michigan worth eating except in Kalamazoo there is a place called Bilbo's, been there forever, and has Gino East/Pizzaria Duo kind of pizza that will do in a pinch but that's not remotely close to you - I hear Duo has a restaurant in Ann Arbor but I don't suppose you'll go there either :lol:

is the Jimmy John's sub shop near you? Used to maange the one in kalamazoo - damn good subs

there simply is no pizza in Michigan worth eating except in Kalamazoo there is a place called Bilbo's, been there forever, and has Gino East/Pizzaria Duo kind of pizza that will do in a pinch but that's not remotely close to you - I hear Duo has a restaurant in Ann Arbor but I don't suppose you'll go there either  :lol:

is the Jimmy John's sub shop near you?  Used to maange the one in kalamazoo - damn good subs

Jimmy John's is a block away. I am addicted to Subway right now.

Give me a

Did I say pizza?

I meant pudding.

:ph34r:

Jimmy John's is a block away. I am addicted to Subway right now.

Subway's very big down here now. Pizza businesses like Pizza Hut hav been closin cos of this new health craze, and McDonalds panicked into introducin a new Salads Plus menu. :lol:

I split this because it is a whole new topic.

What you say about pizza in texas, true in Michigan too.

Your list is too suburban...  :lol:    Pizzaria Duo downtown - the best by far.

I was wondering what I did. Thanks cw for thinking I had lost my mind. :D

We have both Uno's and Giordano's in a few pockets in Florida (an hour + from me).  But they don't cut it because they don't use Chicago sausage, just the local crap, and the whole experience just misses the mark as a result.

You hit the nail on the head. The sausage is different. The spices are all wrong. There was one pizza place down here that was started by a guy from Eastern Michigan who knew Chicago pizza. Unfortunantly, he located in about the worst part of the worst town for success and folded in 7 months. He was having the sausage shipped in from a vendor in, I believe, Tinley Park.

The place near 53 and Algonquin was a smaller chain. I never picked up, so I don't remember the exact location. I do remember being told they also had a pizza buffet at lunch.

I've done the Lou's route but I think it is my electric oven that somehow takes away from the full Lou's taste.

Eli's almost killed me. I use to drive by their outlet 2 times a week, always right after lunch. I had a 2 cheesecake a week habit for a while. Damn those are good. The manager of my club had one sent in for my birthday a couple years ago. I hooked a few people on chocolate chip cheesecake after that.

A couple little tidbits about a couple of the places mentioned:

Pizzeria Uno(and Due), probably Chicago's most famous, and defintely the originator of the deep-dish, was started by Ike Sewell and his partner back in the 1940's, but almost didn't happen. Ike initially wanted to start a Tex-Mex restaurant, but a couple days before they decided, his partner had gotten food poisoning from some bad Mexican food, and so they went with a pizza place. Ike later got his Tex-Mex fix, opening Su Casa in the 1960's.

Lou Malnati was the first head chef at Pizzeria Uno.

I like any kind of Pizza.  Pizza is Pizza.

other than "Beatles are over rated" comments, perhaps the most uninformed thing ever posted here -

except if you really believe it -

if pizza is pizza to you, then you have had a sad and pitiful life to have never had the real thing

I hope someday you will have real pizza

and when you have real pizza, then you will know what :wub: is

other than "Beatles are over rated" comments, perhaps the most uninformed thing ever posted here -

except if you really believe it -

if pizza is pizza to you, then you have had a sad and pitiful life to have never had the real thing

I hope someday you will have real pizza

and when you have real pizza, then you will know what  :wub:  is

A more truthfull sermon you may never preach . . .

The first pizza shop may have been in NY, but they are so far behind Chicago in this culinary art form, this delicate balance of fats, oils, gooey cheese, spicy sausage, ahhh

Hey Jim, what's your favorite beer for a sausage and cheese deep dish?