Food Thread!

I am not sure I have an ultimate favorite but here are some of them:

I love cooking Italian (Lasagna, ravioli, stuffed manicotti, baked mosticolli), pizza, any thing chicken and anything Irish (yeah, the Irish take a lot of crap for our food, but some of it is irrisitable to me), pierogi, kielbasa and kraut with butter beans and lazy pierogi are some of the dishes I like (that I can think of right now anyway).

I am not sure I have an ultimate favorite but here are some of them:

I love cooking Italian (Lasagna, ravioli, stuffed manicotti, baked mosticolli), pizza, any thing chicken and anything Irish (yeah, the Irish take a lot of crap for our food, but some of it is irrisitable to me), pierogi, kielbasa and kraut with butter beans and lazy pierogi are some of the dishes I like (that I can think of right now anyway).

A woman that cooks lasagna :wub:

Is it just me, or is it getting hot in here?

A woman that cooks lasagna :wub:

Is it just me, or is it getting hot in here?

How do you think Brian gained 40+ lbs since starting to date me? :lol:

This weekend I am making ravioli from scratch...I hope they turn out okay cuz I luv ravioli. I am going to try a new sauce recipe as well - I didn't like the last one I tried.

That steak from Stetsons was pretty damn good last Saturday...  ;)

Actually as a steak cononsuer (or however you spell that) I was a little disappointed. In Chicago alone I have had much better steaks at a couple of places. I really expected a much better cut of meat. It had a couple of pretty decent fat veins through it, and was a wee bit overcooked.

But it was the company that made the time. :headbang

I do still have to hit the Chop House and Mortons to make my ranks complete.

Actually as a steak cononsuer (or however you spell that) I was a little disappointed.  In Chicago alone I have had much better steaks at a couple of places.  I really expected a much better cut of meat.  It had a couple of pretty decent fat veins through it, and was a wee bit overcooked.

But it was the company that made the time. :headbang

I do still have to hit the Chop House and Mortons to make my ranks complete.

My filet was AWESOME, but I do admit the lobster made the meal. Morton's is FABULOUS, so is Magnum's also.

Has anyone been to Jenny's Steakhouse in Worth?

How about Louie's Chophouse at 103rd and Cicero?

I know there is another one just past Ridgeland and 111th, but I can't think of their name.

I've only been to Jenny's out of that group and while the service sucks, the food is good.

I make garlic/tomato asparagus and it is one of my favorite things in the world, yum, I'm going to the store tonight and picking up the stuff--just thinking about it! And so is my vegetable lasagna (I'm a vegetarian, so, yeah...). Oh, and potato leek soup. Pretty much any kind of potato--it's the world's perfect food. Ahhh, potato. :wub:

I make garlic/tomato asparagus and it is one of my favorite things in the world, yum, I'm going to the store tonight and picking up the stuff--just thinking about it! And so is my vegetable lasagna (I'm a vegetarian, so, yeah...). Oh, and potato leek soup. Pretty much any kind of potato--it's the world's perfect food. Ahhh, potato.  :wub:

i give you props on being a vegetarian, i dont think i could live without having my beef, or chicken.

1549--

Johnnie's, while every bit as excellent as you claim, is in Elmwood Park, not Oak Park.  And if you think it doesn't matter, tell that to someone from Elmwood Park.

My fault, I have been away for too long...I am getting my parks confused now. At least I didn't say Forest Park.

My dad and I also had ribs flown in from Carsons for our super bowl party. The New Jersians loved them, NJ doesn't have ribs that measure up to Carsons.

Italian, I miss it so. Easily my #1 favorite.

Sushi, great down here, plenty of choices.

German for me is eating memories. Especially my great grandmas baking. They owned a bakery in the old country. Fled as the Nazis came to power, brought the recipes. I use to eat at a German place just off the Kennedy on the way to the stadium. I forget the street. A Wal*Mart opened up across the street. The cook/owner was really interesting. One night he got us drunk and taught us how to eat. God put our nose right there to keep us safe and help us enjoy the food.

Mexican, especially the sea food.

Pork ribs. I need to be specific. We do a lot of beef ribs here.

Texas BBQ. Some bristek, beans, rice, potato salad, onion, pickle, and jalapenos. Sometimes the chicken instead, or a pork roast. Texas BBQ is awesome, even PA might admit it.

Italian Food - Homemade Spaghetti and Pizza

Mexican Food - Nachos, Burritos and Taco's

Seafood - Fish (Especially Salmon and Prawns)

My sista is glutose intolerent I think and she can't hav any meat or anythin with wheat in it, so she has to hav all these gluton free rice crakcers etc. ;)

Italian, I miss it so. Easily my #1 favorite.

Sushi, great down here, plenty of choices.

German for me is eating memories. Especially my great grandmas baking. They owned a bakery in the old country.  Fled as the Nazis came to power, brought the recipes. I use to eat at a German place just off the Kennedy on the way to the stadium. I forget the street. A Wal*Mart opened up across the street. The cook/owner was really interesting. One night he got us drunk and taught us how to eat. God put our nose right there to keep us safe and help us enjoy the food.

Mexican, especially the sea food.

Pork ribs. I need to be specific. We do a lot of beef ribs here.

Texas BBQ. Some bristek, beans, rice, potato salad, onion, pickle, and jalapenos. Sometimes the chicken instead, or a pork roast. Texas BBQ is awesome, even PA might admit it.

german food is awesome...i love their whole attitude towards food...add in a good german beir or bottle of white wine and ummm..brings back great memories

i give you props on being a vegetarian, i dont think i could live without having my beef, or chicken.

Meh, you don't miss it much after a while. And there are so many products on the market that taste like meat that it's completely fine. Plus, I loooooove tofu.

Meh, you don't miss it much after a while. And there are so many products on the market that taste like meat that it's completely fine. Plus, I loooooove tofu.

What's a tofu burger like? We eat a lot of vegie patties down here but I don't think I could last long bein a vegetarian. :lol:

What's a tofu burger like? We eat a lot of vegie patties down here but I don't think I could last long bein a vegetarian.  :lol:

Tastes just like what I remember a hamburger--it's soy protein (yum!), and you can get them in a smokey flavor. My parents and friends tease the hell out of me--but I can't live without the dang things. Oh--but soy chicken nuggets are the best...