Rumors

Beatchkacorn

Actually, I got to say, thinking about it, I don't know if taking a shot on Griffey is worth it. But I could see some interesting type of deal going down. It will be inetersting if Williams can pry Perez and a top prospect for Konerko or Thomas. I throw Konerko out there because the trib had his name mentioned today.

This is what the rumor was per sportsline.com

the griffy/reitsma for koch/konerko is the first part of the blockbuster. then the sox send thomas to the dodgers, the reds send casey to the sox, the dodgers send perez and a prospect to the sox, the sox inturn send that prospect from the dodgers as well as one of their prospects to the reds. also the dodgers send a middle infielder to the reds for mike matthews.

They send who to where for what? then send what to whom for who? I am so confused. My head hurts.

So we trade Koch, Konerko and Thomas and get Casey, Odalis Perez, Reitsma, Ken Griffey and a prospect in return. 

Sign me up.

Amen to that. Although, it makes you wonder how the heck a trade like that would come to be. What is the reasoning for the Reds to Basically trade Konerko for Casey.

Actually, I got to say, thinking about it, I don't know if taking a shot on Griffey is worth it.  But I could see some interesting type of deal going down.  It will be inetersting if Williams can pry Perez and a top prospect for Konerko or Thomas.  I throw Konerko out there because the trib had his name mentioned today.

Griffey is guaranteed bout 50 million I think until 2007. We just can't afford to take on a long term deal unless we ship it out (Mets?) and get sumthin cheap in return. The Sox can't afford to be tied down on a long term deal, and Griffey has to perform to justify that type of deal as well.

I was looking at Ken Griffey Jr. Stats on ESPN and I noticed in the news section that the Seattle news paper mentioned the idea of Griffey coming back to Seattle in October. Griffey called the Seattle paper to talk about it. I think he wants out of Cincey. Isn't parts of his salary deferred so that he gets paid until like 2025. If that is true, the Sox would actually save money next year. It would leave the Sox on the hook for money in 2020 but by then JR would be pretty old and probably would have sold the team.

I know this is wild (hence the rumors that aren't true thread), but Cincy wants rid of him, Griffey wants out, and if the Sox take a chance, they could have a DH/OF that could provide serious left handed power and star marketing power. Maybe, the Sox can renegotiate the deal with Griffey due to larger market advertising like A-rod tried to do with Boston. Who knows, he could rejuvinate his career here and maybe be less frequently injured if he played DH half of the time.

Don't want anypart of Griffey. His contract is huge. The sox can't tell me that they couldn't sign anybody decent cause they didn't have no money and there gonna get Junior, who's made outta paper. Even tho Koch, Konerko and Thomas would be gone we still would be screwed with Griffey's contract.