The "Passion"ate debate

southsider2k5

How can anyone NOT plan to see this movie? :headshake

Mel Gibson can't direct (neither can Costner-- open secret who did most of the work in BH and DWW-- as contrasted by who got most of the credit) and is an asshole extraordinaire.

Caviezel as J-man? This is not Angel Eyes.

Rabid anti-Semitism and ahistoricity? Gotta see it first to criticise it....right?

What will Pope's people say this time? I can't wait/

How can anyone NOT plan to see this movie?  :headshake

Mel Gibson can't direct (neither can Costner-- open secret who did most of the work in BH and DWW-- as contrasted by who got most of the credit) and is an asshole extraordinaire.

Caviezel as J-man? This is not Angel Eyes.

Rabid anti-Semitism and ahistoricity? Gotta see it first to criticise it....right?

What will Pope's people say this time?  I can't wait/

The one thing that pisses me off about movies is all of the stupid hype some of them get, and this movie is getting to be like that. I want to judge whether to see a movie or not, and I don't need everybody and their brother playing it up.

Part of me really wants to see it. But I know that 1.) It would probably really irk me. Because it would not be historically accurate since I believe that crucifixtion is a Roman crime, and as a result, the Romans are the one that are at "fault" for putting Jesus on the cross--not the Jews. and 2.) It's 12 friggin' hours and no way will anyone sit through that for me. So, I might wait for video. But I do have a feeling that this is going to set back Judeo-Christian relations...

2.) It's 12 friggin' hours and no way will anyone sit through that for me. So, I might wait for video. But I do have a feeling that this is going to set back Judeo-Christian relations...

Go with friends....take breaks.....fool around.....nap... make fun of Mel Gibson.....it can be done.

Go with friends....take breaks.....fool around.....nap... make fun of Mel Gibson.....it can be done.

That's the other thing, I have a talking through movies problem...So I think that if there were times when he would do somehting that was historically inaccurate I would probably say something. I'm a bit of a smart alec--believe it or not! :o But I bet I can con the boy into going--but man, that is a loooooooong movie. Especially when you know it's going to make you mad.

I'm interested in seeing what normal people have to say about it...

I need to ask some of my "mentors" what they think about the "historical inaccuracies" and "anti-semitism".

I mean all of that in a "I've never heard most of your points of view before, so before I stick to what I believe, or accept your opinions, I want to figure it out myself" way. so please none take offense

I'm interested in seeing what normal people have to say about it...

I need to ask some of my "mentors" what they think about the "historical inaccuracies" and "anti-semitism".

I mean all of that in a "I've never heard most of your points of view before, so before I stick to what I believe, or accept your opinions, I want to figure it out myself" way.  so please none take offense

I am agnostic. I have no stake in this.

Mel Gibson is an ass.

I am familiar with the historical, scholarly, pop culture-y as well as the various biblical and religious representations of THE events in question. In great detail might I add.

I will have to see the movie and digest it before I make my verdict. The numerous scrips available online did not sit well with me AT ALL. But I'll give it once more chance. I am all about giving chances.

Last Temptation of Christ was a solid flick.

"Normal" people? :lol:

Over and out.

Mel Gibson is an ass. 

why do you think gibson is an ass???

i plan on seeing it...ive been staying away from the hype as much as possible so i can decide for myself (as much as that is possible i guess) about its accurace and relevance

trying not to have any preconcived notions