32 members have voted

1. 1. who should be the 5th man in the rotation

• Neal Cotts
    • Robert Person
    • Felix Diaz
    • Dan Wright
    • Jon Rauch
    • other

» June 3, 1997: The Anaheim Angels take Troy Glaus, UCLA 3B with the 3rd pick. The Giants, use 4th to take Seton Hall pitcher Jason Grilli, son of former ML pitcher Steve Grilli. Toronto uses #5 on Texas high schooler Vernon Wells. The Mets have the 6th pick and pick Tampa high schooler Geoff Goetz, nixing another Florida pitcher Rick Ankiel because he is being advised by agent Scott Boras: Ankiel goes to the Cards at #72 (2nd round). Number seven is the Royals and they take U of the Pacific fireballer Dan Reichert. Number 10 Jon Garland, considered possibly the best high school pitching prospect in the draft, goes to the Cubs, who will swap him to the White Sox next July. The Reds take Scott Williamson on the 9th round.

That's my pick who would win it :headbang Him, or Cotts are my choises.

Grilli has a great shot if he's healty, but that's a huge IF.

Guy definitely has the arm or he wouldn't have been such a high draft pick back in the day.

Guess the Sox are hoping that he comes to spring training healthy and that's why they put the 50K out there to grab him.

Grilli's numbers from last season:

At Albuquerque (AAA) - 6-2, 3.38 ERA, 12 starts, 66.2 innings, 64 hits allowed, 3 hr allowed, 38 K, 30 BB

At Jupiter (A) - 4-2, 2.53 ERA, 7 starts, 42.2 innings, 38 hits allowed, 1 hr allowed, 30 K, 6 BB

So far I've been getting good at predictions. I was the only one who wanted Josh Stewart to have the #5 spot last year. Now I want Grilli (or Cotts) to get the spot this year.

why dont you stick with josh stewart??...he has as good a shot as any to get that spot..

he reminded me alot of mark buehrle

why dont you stick with josh stewart??...he has as good a shot as any to get that spot..

The only way in which he reminded me of Mark Buehrle is that he was left-handed and so is Buehrle.

If he is the 5th starter, this season will go to hell fast.

He has that circulatory problem as well. He hasn't been the same ever sense. I'd rather go with Cotts now. But Grilli is who I feel will win it.