Best Movie Quotes

Texsox

I know what you're thinking: "Did he fire six shots, or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But, being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

And this one is great if you understand the beauty of a Chicago hotdog

Harry : "Nah this stuff isn't getting to me, the shootings, the knifings, the beatings. Old ladies being bashed in the head for their social security checks. Teacher's being thrown out of a 4th floor window because they don't give A's. That doesn't bother me a bit!"

Man : "C'mon Harry, take it easy."

Harry : "Or this job either. Having to wade through the scum of this city. Being swept away by bigger and bigger waves of corruption, apathy and red tape. Nah that doesn't bother me. But you know what does bother me?"

Man : "What?"

Harry : "You know what makes me really sick to my stomach?"

Man : "What?"

Harry : "It's watching you stuff your face with those hotdogs! Nobody--I mean nobody puts ketchup on a hot dog!"

And this one is great if you understand the beauty of a Chicago hotdog

You like Dirty Harry I see.

I have quite a few myself. Here goes:

"SAY HEHWO TO MY LIDDLE FRIEN"
Scarface

"Welcome to the party pal!"
Die Hard

I love the smell of napalm in the morning.  One night we bombed them for 12 hours straight and when it was all over I walked out.  We didnt fine one of em, not one stinking dink body.  That smell, you know, that gasoline smell.......smells like.......like victory."
Apocalypse Now

The smell of napalm in the morning. Excellent quote. There was something in the writing of the Dirty Harry movies that produced memorable quotes.

I was also thinking about the scene in Animal house when Belushi's character was going on a rant

"was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

"Germans?!"

"Forget it, he's on a roll"

A couple of good ones:

Pulp Fiction:

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

I was reading an article with Samuel L. Jackson that he has never had anyone come up to him and be able to say that whole thing verbatim. There's a ton of them from that movie that I love, but would probably get me banned for content. ;)

Usual Suspects:

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Godfather:

Leave the gun...Bring the canolis

The Usual Suspects

Keaton once said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze.

And of course:

A Few Good Men

Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have more responsibility here than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. I know deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you don't want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

The thing about a shark, it's got lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes. When it comes at you it doesn't seem to be livin'... until he bites you, and those black eyes roll over white...

You know that was the time I was most frightened? Waitin' for my turn. I'll never put on a lifejacket again. So, eleven hundred men went into the water. Three hundred and sixteen men come out, the sharks took the rest, June the twenty-ninth, nineteen-forty five. Anyway, we delivered the bomb. Fare thee well, all you Spanish Ladies, Fare thee well you Ladies from Spain...

Robert Shaw just nailed that portrayal as Quint.

Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.

The Big Lebowski

It's not that i'm lazy, it's just that i don't care

Office Space

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Blues Brothers.

"I don't have to tell you the story. You all know it. Only two kinds of people are gonna stay on this beach: those that are already dead and those that are gonna die. Now get off your butts. You guys are the Fighting 29th."

Robert Mitchum in the movie "The Longest Day'. I really love this movie and reccommend it if any of you are interested in WWII. Has a great cast and some good quotes.

Also, I agree with the part about Shaw. Although he did have some memorable roles in other movies like The Sting, From Russia With Love and Battle of the Bulge. Anyways, just my thoughts. I'm gonna try to think of some more movie quotes.

being a baseball place i'm surpised this ins't up yet

Ray, people will come Ray. They'll come to Iowa for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past. Of course, we won't mind if you look around, you'll say. It's only $20 per person. They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it's money they have and peace they lack. And they'll walk out to the bleachers; sit in shirtsleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the baselines, where they sat when they were children and cheered they're heroes. And they'll watch the game and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. And the memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come Ray. The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come

Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball??"

Major League

If we get busted for this, we aren't going to a minimum security prison. We're going to the Federal Pound-me-in-the-ass Prison!!"

Office Space

"Take off!! You can't drive this! It's an 18 wheeler.""Sure I can. It's a 10 speed. Thats 5 speeds times 2!!!"

Strange Brew

Just the looks of this place make me sick. I feel like Buckner walking back into Shea.

Rounders

• 2 weeks later...

from my favorite movie

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

Those giraffes you sold me, they won't mate. They just walk around, eating, and not mating. You sold me... queer giraffes. I want my money back.

It was?

I thought the kid asked Crash to hit a....ah, nevermind.  You're wrong.

How about telling me why being a girl was/is such a drag?  I asked you in the abortion thread meremembers.

Oh.. the little kid in the stands.

Hmm.. don't remember if he even had a name.

Why didn't I respond... the list is toooooo damn long. 13-17 sucks!