whose division is it anyway?

cwsox

Just today reading last Tuesday's newspapers...

Scott Boras said on Monday last, as quoted by the Booth newspapers:

Pudge said to me, "I know that division, and that division can be mine."

Also, IRod said why he signed with the Tigs:

This was the team that gave us the respect I needed and wanted.

This isn't I-Rod's division. This isn't any players division. Maybe back in the day you could have made a case that it was Frank's divison. But right now there is not one single player that stands out above the rest like Bonds in the NL West or something like that. No, this is not a division for players. This is the divison of Jerry Reinsdorf, Carl Pohlad, etc. This is the divison of the cheap-ass bastard owner.

Bora$$ has no respect for the game, and makes his clients look like total asses and morons. I wish Bora$$ was baned somehow. But i think the owners sould take a tougher stance and not sign any of his clients so easy that way he will lose many of them. He's bad for the game and the players but the players are to stupid to figure that out ;)

Bora$$ :fyou :fyou :fyou

I think as it stands right now, if the Sox hitters can come out of the gate hitting good and the starting pitching does a fair job. I don't see why the Sox can't take this division. Yes KC bulked up but their starting pitching is as weak if not more so than the Sox. The Twins have more ???s than the Sox do. If KW does swing some kind of trade for starting pitching it will make it even that much more likely. Maybe I am just being optimistic but I think its the Sox division if they play like they have shown. IMO. :drink

Bora$$ has no respect for the game, and makes his clients look like total asses and morons. I wish Bora$$ was baned somehow. But i think the owners sould take a tougher stance and not sign any of his clients so easy that way he will lose many of them. He's bad for the game and the players but the players are to stupid to figure that out ;)

Bora$$ :fyou  :fyou  :fyou

I'm with ya on that one. Guys like BorASS are killing the game.

Given that Cleveland has not made any moves this off-season, its quite possible that Detroit could finish in 4th place.

Cleveland got a bunch of young talent tho.

Grady Sizemore

Brandon Phillips

Travis Hafner

Victor Martinez

and Others

He'll be asking to be traded by September.

You made a typo. You spelled May as "SEPTEMBER." It happens to the best of us.

It's I-Rod's division? LMAO!! Is he going to pitch, field, and hit for the other guys as well - like Bugs Bunny did in that old cartoon? Please. That team couldn't win 60 games with magic dust, smoke, mirrors, 4-leaf clovers, rabbits feet, and a horseshoe stuck up every one of their asses.

I-Rod continues to show that he has s***-for-brains. Enjoy last place - you remember that very well from your Ranger days, don't you? Idiot. He'll find some pansy injury in May or early June to milk because he's bored with losing day after day. :bang

Sounds to me like someone is crying because his favorite team sat on it's hands all offseason. Your biggest move was trading for Juan Uribe! :lol:

The Tigers WILL win more than 60 games next season. Last year, they won 8 off your team with a AAA team.  :lol:

I take it u ain't a fan of the White Sox, more like president of the "We luv Pay - Rod Senior Fan Club". :lol:

A Cubs fan? Or just a moron? Probably both - they go hand in hand.

Look at that pitching staff, look at that lineup, and look at that overall roster. That pile of s*** will win 60 games? Maybe in Birmingham or Tacoma.

Wow - you're either delusional or just drunk. Or maybe just a lobotomized chimp.

Our pitching staff has 3 proven starters, and a guy who WAS a proven starter with the Angels. Our lineup has 4 former All-Stars, a bunch of proven hitters, and a future All-Star. We also have a manager who is a motivator and a student of the game. And Juan Uribe would be the starting shortstop on the pissant Tiggers.

Oh yeah - we can add players in mid-season when we're CONTENDING. Meanwhile, the Tiggers will be lucky to be looking up to 25 wins at midseason. Good luck. But you have I-Rod. I-Rod - The savior - wait until his hangnail becomes his season-ending injury.

Don't strain too hard when you're taking a s*** tomorrow - your brain might plop out into the toilet bowl.

Value Over Replacement Player (From Baseball Prospectus):

Chicago White Sox (Olivo, Konerko, Harris, Crede, Valentin, Lee, Rowand, Thomas, Ordonez) ... 186.2

Detroit Tigers (Rodriguez, Pena, Vina, Munson, Guillen, White, Sanchez, Higginson, Young) ... 176.6

Seems to me that your lineup isn't as superior as you think it is and that you are overrating your players.

Run that prospectus crap in the PITCHING STAFFS, and then see what you find.

Buehrle's, Loaiza's, and Garland's TOTAL WINS were MORE than the whole Detoilet team.

Garland, Loaiza, Buehrle - 47 wins

Detoilet's WHOLE staff - 43 wins

AAAAUUUUHHHH. Please try again. Your first attempt was unsuccessful and clueless.

And Buehrle had a down year. Nice try, though. Pfffft.

Value Over Replacement Player (From Baseball Prospectus):

Chicago White Sox (Olivo, Konerko, Harris, Crede, Valentin, Lee, Rowand, Thomas, Ordonez) ... 186.2

Detroit Tigers (Rodriguez, Pena, Vina, Munson, Guillen, White, Sanchez, Higginson, Young) ... 176.6

Seems to me that your lineup isn't as superior as you think it is and that you are overrating your players.

Eva thought bout pitchin there Wolverine. Let's see who da Tigers hav,

Mike Maroth, Jeremy Bondeman, Jason Johnson. Oh yeah, and we're overvaluing OUR players. :lol:

He was probably talking smack to guys from Southern California all year, until his team got its ass mauled and crushed in the Rose Bowl, so he needs to find someone to try to gain superiority over.

Try again - it won't be here.

Enjoy your snow, your lack of tourism, your pissant town, and your long-standing reputation as a "bridesmaid." Someday you'll catch the bouquet, but it won't be in the A.L.'s Central Division. But wait, you can claim the Webber/Howard/Rose Wolverines as your very own. Great teams! But those wins don't count, right? It's gotta suck that those teams won ZERO games officialy due to forfeits and illegal transactions. Too bad, so sad.

But hey, you always have the Lions. HA HA HA HA HA!

:snr

But you're new here, so welcome aboard!! Just try to not offend so many of us veterans when you post. We're very sensitive and mean.

Welcome aboard! :cheers