Bottled Water

Texsox

Do you drink more bottled water or pop?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you drink more bottled water or pop?

• Pop, Soda, Soda, Coke
    • Water, Evian, Desani, Perrier, Culigan
    • Neither
    • $1 a bottle for water, you nuts?
    • I like beer, it makes me a jolly good fellow

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drink my one bottle of diet pop a day and then refill the bottle with water from the cooler once or twice.  At home I drink tap water or crystal light (wyler's light).

You ever look at the Crystal Light label? It's gotta be the absolute worst stuff for you.

In the context of everyday life anyone who would pay good money for a bottle of water when the stuff out of the tap is just as good is a blithering idiot. For those same people I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to show you.

As for me I'm a big fan of Snapple iced tea and Gatorade. I'm down to 1 soda or less per day now.

In the context of everyday life anyone who would pay good money for a bottle of water when the stuff out of the tap is just as good is a blithering idiot.

You apparently haven't drank tap water during the summer -> :puke .

Seriously, though, I will by bottled water occasionally (last time was after the plumbing was completed in the house and the water still had an off taste - now that it is fine, I don't buy it).

In the context of everyday life anyone who would pay good money for a bottle of water when the stuff out of the tap is just as good is a blithering idiot.  For those same people I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to show you.

As for me I'm a big fan of Snapple iced tea and Gatorade.  I'm down to 1 soda or less per day now.

Water from the tap is not "just as good" as filtered bottled water. By all means, drink what you want, but if you think there is no difference between bottled water and tap water than you might want to step over to the blithering idiot side of the room.

You apparently haven't drank tap water during the summer ->  :puke .

Seriously, though, I will by bottled water occasionally (last time was after the plumbing was completed in the house and the water still had an off taste - now that it is fine, I don't buy it).

Hey Fan... when you guys are done with the house have a filter company come out and test your water. They do it for free and do not push the purification system at all. You will literaly be sick once you see what is in the water. There are over 800 foreign elements. It's disgusting.

Hey Fan... when you guys are done with the house have a filter company come out and test your water. They do it for free and do not push the purification system at all. You will literaly be sick once you see what is in the water. There are over 800 foreign elements. It's disgusting.

The house is technically completed! :headbang

We are planning on buying either a water filter that attaches to the faucet or one of those that you put in the fridge. I would like to get one that attaches to the faucet, but I need to do research to find out what model is best.

Any ideas where to look for something like that - is there something like 'consumer reports' online?

The house is technically completed!  :headbang

We are planning on buying either a water filter that attaches to the faucet or one of those that you put in the fridge.  I would like to get one that attaches to the faucet, but I need to do research to find out what model is best.

Any ideas where to look for something like that - is there something like 'consumer reports' online?

We got the AquaTiva system. It's actually a system that was installed in our basement and it's a water softner/filtration unit. It's awesome. I have no idea of the faucet ones. The one we got is a bit pricey, but well worth it. Let me know if you want the info on them.

In the context of everyday life anyone who would pay good money for a bottle of water when the stuff out of the tap is just as good is a blithering idiot.  For those same people I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to show you.

As for me I'm a big fan of Snapple iced tea and Gatorade.  I'm down to 1 soda or less per day now.

There have been numerous cases in Canada and I'm sure the United States where people have actually died from drinking tap water. In many places the tap water is probably perfectly fine also, but I don't understand how you could call someone a blithering idiot for buying the stuff. If anything they're helping the economy, and god knows the US needs economic help. Dumb post!

There have been numerous cases in Canada and I'm sure the United States where people have actually died from drinking tap water.

Aurora is under a boiling order now because their water was contaminated by coliform (sp?) - the contamination is from goose crap that got into their water reservoir.

There have been numerous cases in Canada and I'm sure the United States where people have actually died from drinking tap water.  In many places the tap water is probably perfectly fine also, but I don't understand how you could call someone a blithering idiot for buying the stuff.  If anything they're helping the economy, and god knows the US needs economic help.  Dumb post!

Steve Passmore actually had heavy metal poisoning from tap water didn't he?

Seriously, you guys would be APPALLED at what is in the water. We had 4 different companies come test the water, including the village themselves and it was sickening! All the chemicals.. including LEAD! And if you think the better area you live in the better water you have.. bulls***.

It's true--there was an article in the Trib not too long ago. My dad was actually interviewed for it. I actually never drink tap water without a filter--we've always had a filter or buy bottled water. My hometown has a huge problem with radon in the water and other nonsense--so we just never drank it. Even now I don't trust it.

It's true--there was an article in the Trib not too long ago. My dad was actually interviewed for it. I actually never drink tap water without a filter--we've always had a filter or buy bottled water. My hometown has a huge problem with radon in the water and other nonsense--so we just never drank it. Even now I don't trust it.

Brian's brother had a problem with Radon in the house he just sold in Naperville. Not sure what he had to do to fix it.

When I lived in Woodridge, I swore by bottled water because the tap water tasted horrible. :puke

How long has bottled water been around? Ten, fifteen years?

I seem to remember growing up drinking nothing but tap water and I'm just fine. Well, I guess that depends on how you define "fine"... ;)

My parents tell me horror stories about when they grew up the water had "flavor" and would sometimes come out looking like iced tea. They'd have to let everything settle to the bottom before drinking it.

These days, the only time I drink bottled water is if I'm going on a trip or something. I usually stick a few in a cooler to bring along. At home we have one of those Brita containers with the filter on it that we fill up and leave in the fridge. Here at work, I have one bottle that I fill up from the water cooler every day.

I'm 30 and I don't ever remember there not being bottled water. Culligan has been around for over 65 years.

OK, maybe it's just the past 15-20 years that it's become "trendy" so that eveybody and their brother drinks it now. I don't remember hearing much about it when I was younger besides office water coolers...