Illinois vs Michigan St. Thread

Just got done watching the 1998 battle they had in Lansing on ESPN Classic, not to good, we blew a 20 point lead and lost by 4. But tonight we have to get an inside presense going with Augustine and Powell. Because i believe this will be a low scoring game, and Mich State will shut down most perimeter shots. It would be nice if Dee played like he did against Minnesota, and Deron too.

Dont miss any more bunnies Roger, and I have a feeling Nick Smith might be the hero again tonight, he seems to be the guy that steps up at the end.

My prediction: Illinois 62 Mich St 59

GO ILLINI!

I don't know who to root for in this one w/ fans of both squads on the board. I'm really not pulling for either side, but for IU to have any chance (we have none at all) to getting back in the Big Ten race, Illinois would have to come out on top tonight. I really think this is going to be a fun one to watch.

I'm leaving to go stand outside and freeze my ass off in about 10 minutes.  Look for me I'll be the one wearing orange. :D

But actually, if you notice a pretty short guy with a Dee Brown jersey and the replica Illinois shorts on its me.

Lol.. your gonna be wearing shorts out in the cold :o Good luck indeed.

If you havnt left yet, do you know if Dickie V will be calling this game or not, i know he was just in Oklahoma for last nights game, im thinking he could be there since he's covered this game in the past.

:headbang f*** YEAH!!!!

Anyone know who I will be cheering for?

Um... The Chief?? :D

Oh, side note for this game, Bruce Weber will do what Self did last time this year, pull out the size 44 Orange Blazer in spirit of paint the hall orange night. I think Weber might actually look better than Self in it too!

Great first half for Illinois!!!! Started out sluggish, but got it together, and Deron Willliams had a huge first half. Rafferty was giving Deron Williams (Colon's son :D ) all kinds of hype! Hopefully Izzo doesnt give an emotional speech at the half and the orange and blue can get closer to the big 10 lead.

GO ILLINI!

Well, i appear to be talking to myself, since this thread isnt being used for the game, but anyway, Illinois put on a wouping tonight, Ill give my MVP to Head, even though Augustine had one of his best games. Its too bad we cant paint the Hall orange every game!

BRING ON THE BADGERS!

GO ILLINI!