I Love Flash

Gene Honda Civic

I seriously need to take a sabatical and get up to speed on Flash animation and programming. About half of my professional time is spent doing educational authoring in Director, Macromedia's other flagship product. Since most of what I do is CD-ROM or kiosk-delivered, bandwidth consideratiosn were never an issue so I wasnot an early adopter of Flash. But now that the Macromedia MX titles have merged a litle more, and Director's Lingo programming language allows such fin-tuned control of Flash objects, it's become quite a liability that I'm so Flash-illiterate.

I just fought through a Flash issue to get a pdf browser button panel created in Flash into a Director project that does some neat pdf file manipulations. When I animate in Director, I still do mostly old school sprite-based animation so I'm still pushing pixels instead of manipulating vectors. The whole "old dog, new tricks" thing I guess, but I have to get up to speed on Flash for my own good.

Plus, maybe I can get good enough to land a sweet Quiznos Subs commercial gig like the "I Like the Moon!" dude. :D

wow, what a funny video...

Hate those evil dog corpses though.

fyi, anyone that's willing to send 5$ for shipping my way, can access a cd with um, some programs on it, that may or may not be flash related...

and no way would I include the registration codes