What's everyone doing for Valentine's Day?

Queen Prawn

After sending out a few cards to friends I'm gonna be going to an important conference with Jim, Jose, and Jack. ;) :lol:

And this girl on campus has signs up all over campus that she wants to "dump people on Valentines' Day" so if we give her name and addy she's baking cookies for people. So I'm getting in on some free cookies.

So why does that have to be done on THAT day?  That's why I hate it.

If you want to get your girl/wife some flowers, why is it a flippin' mandate that on February 14 (when they triple the price of chocolate and quadruple the price of flowers) every damn chick in the country should get some flowers and chocolate?

For Cripes sake do it cause you want to, not because the damn calendar says Feb. 14!!!

*getting off my soapbox now*

I got it good cause my wife's birthday is Feb. 18, so we just celebrate it all somewhere in the middle and I get off easy (well, easier) that way.

I agree. Girls like getting stuff anytime. It is nice to surprise them at random times with flowers and candy and so on. They really like that. They also enjoy nice romantic dates, which do not always revolve around anniversaries and birthdates.

BTW, my birthday is a day later, the 19th. :rolleyes:

Going to go out with this girl, although I doubt it will be anything special. Probably some grub (and some flowers for her) and then later that night I'm going to hit up a party with my single friends (Its kind of a tradition; I gave one my friends a few of those sweetheart things to give to random single girls so he can find a valentine for the night :lol:)

Although I think Apu has the best freaking valentins day...free cookies, I so want in.

I agree. Girls like getting stuff anytime. It is nice to surprise them at random times with flowers and candy and so on. They really like that. They also enjoy nice romantic dates, which do not always revolve around anniversaries and birthdates.

BTW, my birthday is a day later, the 19th. :rolleyes:

I always give girls flowers...at random times, it always goes over so well. :D

Plus, we got a ton of rose bushes around the house so I just go out and clip a few and I'm set :headbang

Seriously though, valentines day kind of blows, simply because its like this expectation that you have to spend money (and for those that know me, thats something that doesn't sit well with me) and go all out.

Most likely a whole lot of nothing, considering my "valentine" (it's up in the air) has a band contest this weekend. She might be home late Saturday, but I'm not sure. I did send out three flowers to someone else who I like, and she said how nice it was for me to do that. Good times.

Snell, me and you need to go through Valpo pimpin' it out in my GhettoBlaster known as a car. :D

Snell, me and you need to go through Valpo pimpin' it out in my GhettoBlaster known as a car.

Yea! :headbang

About the flower thing at school: I sent one to Lisa Church if you know her, she is a hott sophmore. I said it was from her cousin who is in my grade. It said "incest is best" on it. :lol: The kid got really mad when he found out I made it and said he was gonna have a senior kid beat me up. :rolleyes: I sent a few other prank ones to friends making them think they had secret admirers or lovers who are really ugly girls.

About the flower thing at school: I sent one to Lisa Church if you know her, she is a hott sophmore. I said it was from her cousin who is in my grade. It said "incest is best" on it. :lol: The kid got really mad when he found out I made it and said he was gonna have a senior kid beat me up. :rolleyes: I sent a few other prank ones to friends making them think they had secret admirers or lovers who are really ugly girls.

Nice.

Ah to be in HS again :)

f***ing awesome. I never thought of that one. :lol:

Actually you guys just gave me an idea for a new thread...

I've got a simillar situation... Except I don't believe it... She "SAYS" she hates Valentines Day, but I think she secretly loves the thought of flowers and candy and  :wub: ... So either way I'm screwed... Oh well.

:huh

I decided to get her something....

A box of those little candy hearts that taste like peptol bismol...

with a twist

----

Make your own here

I'm going to the Auto Show on V-day. He's still bugging me to come up with something I want for V-day. I told him that I wanted us to get carry-out and rent a few DVDs, but since he is working that can't happen so I really don't want anything else.

ROFL, that's awesome.

Yeah, a senior to beat you up. What a tool.

I sent miss sox4life a dozen daisies (her favorite flower) in a nice vase. I also had a funny idea to take a bunch of pictures of ourselves, funny and serious, and all fully clothed (at least on my part...PLEASE GOD let her ignore that rule). I had some good ones to send her. I know, I know...sounds lame.

I'll see her in 6 weeks when I fly to PA for a gig. ROCK ON!

I got me some roses today..  :D

The only drawback is all the chicks comming in my office to touch and smell them. And they do it while I'm on the phone... "Oooo.. who gave you those..?, What are they for?" Duh stupids..  :bang

What are they for, eh? I would tell them that they're from their husbands. :bang :lol:

What are they for, eh? I would tell them that they're from their husbands. :bang  :lol:

OMG Steve... the AP manager just came in and asked.. "Ooo.. where'd ya get those..?" And I told her the CEO's name. She stopped dead in her tracks and walked out. 5 second later I see her whispering at the copy machine. By noon things should be pretty interesting around here.. :lol:

OMG Steve... the AP manager just came in and asked.. "Ooo.. where'd ya get those..?" And I told her the CEO's name. She stopped dead in her tracks and walked out. 5 second later I see her whispering at the copy machine. By noon things should be pretty interesting around here..  :lol:

now THAT's funny.

That should be in the pranks thread.

now THAT's funny.

That should be in the pranks thread.

It's already made it to half the building. Jim called and said he heard about it so he gave Larry (CEO) the head's up. Thankfully, he saw the humor.

I don't know if everyone knows this, but Jim and I work at the same company so it's even more hilarious to see folks whispering as we walk by. :lol: