No littering...

Steff

Wyo. May Make Littering Via Urine Illegal

Wed Feb 11, 6:55 PM ET Add Strange News - AP to My Yahoo!

CHEYENNE, Wyo. - Urinating in a bottle and tossing it alongside the road would be made illegal under a bill introduced Wednesday in the Senate.

The practice, lawmakers say, has become problematic in some areas. A measure that passed introduction would classify it as littering, a misdemeanor punishable by up to nine months in prison and a $1,000 fine.

"For those of us who look at the beautiful scenery of Wyoming, we should now start looking at the shoulders of our roads," said a tongue-in-cheek Sen. Bill Vasey, D-Rawlins, the bill's sponsor.

Admitting it would be hard to enforce, Vasey said the measure is still needed to address an increasingly pungent problem, especially among highway cleanup crews.

"I think it's beyond their scope to pick up someone's bottle of urine, to be honest with you," he said.

The Senate Judiciary Committee (news - web sites) will now consider the measure.

Can you piss in a bottle and dump it out on the side of the road? How about pissing in the bottle and then throwing it in a garbage can? I don't understand what they're outlawing...littering (which should already be illegal) or pissing in a bottle? :huh