Bad News: Robert Person blows out achilles tendon

maggsmaggs

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious...

While I do not want injuries to occur, nor am I a cold-hearted evil man....who cares? :huh

Person probably wasn't even going to make the team out of ST. And he didn't have the stuff to pull an Esteban anyways. At the very best, he could be a decent #5 starter for some team.

Anyways, I'll have to see it to believe it.

Just curious...

While I do not want injuries to occur, nor am I a cold-hearted evil man....who cares?  :huh

Person probably wasn't even going to make the team out of ST.  And he didn't have the stuff to pull an Esteban anyways.  At the very best, he could be a decent #5 starter for some team.

Anyways, I'll have to see it to believe it.

Now the Dodgers know that we are REALLY desperate for starting pitching. I would've at least liked to see the guy get a chance of being in our rotation. Looks like it'll be another year of crappy Danny Wright in the rotation. :puke

It's too bad for Person, but it just means one less body to compete for the #5.

As long as Francisco Campos doesn't blow out his achilles we'll be fine :lol:

Now the Dodgers know that we are REALLY desperate for starting pitching.  I would've at least liked to see the guy get a chance of being in our rotation.  Looks like it'll be another year of crappy Danny Wright in the rotation. :puke

Losing Robert Person makes us even more desperate for a starter? I don't think so. He was a challenger for the 5th spot or a bullpen spot. No one was even sure he would make it on the team or not. This doesn't affect our desperation for a starter at all. I doubt Danny Wright starts. I think they like him in the bullpen. I thought Burkett was signed already, or was that just rumor? Is Pedro Astacio healthy? May as well take a chance on him if he is. It doesn't hurt at this time.

Burkett is still out there, as is Astacio. There was an article yesterday or today about the Tigers talking with Astacio. He's not 100% but it appears he'll be ready to go by the start of the season.

Losing Robert Person makes us even more desperate for a starter? I don't think so. He was a challenger for the 5th spot or a bullpen spot. No one was even sure he would make it on the team or not. This doesn't affect our desperation for a starter at all. I doubt Danny Wright starts. I think they like him in the bullpen. I thought Burkett was signed already, or was that just rumor? Is Pedro Astacio healthy? May as well take a chance on him if he is. It doesn't hurt at this time.

I think KW was expecting alot from Robert Person. I remember reading or hearing somewhere that Burkett will only sign a major league contract or he will retire.

So the contendaaahs are ...

Rauch, Wright, Grilli, Pacheco, Cotts, Campos, Diaz, who else?

Somebody should step up (he said with fingers crossed).

I think KW was expecting alot from Robert Person.  I remember reading or hearing somewhere that Burkett will only sign a major league contract or he will retire.

That may be true, it may not be true about KWs expectations. It still doesnt change how the Dodgers will view our situation.

I really believe that they want wright in the pen and so do I. Lets wait on number 5 there maybe a trade. In fact I am banking on it.

JIm, you really think they will put Wright in the rotation? From what I have heard they really like him better coming out of the bullpen.

That may be true, it may not be true about KWs expectations. It still doesnt change how the Dodgers will view our situation.

Your kidding right? You really think cause Person who has pitched like crap and is coming off an injury affects how the dodgers think?No disrespect but I completely dissagree. This guy was a long shot to make it, in fact I could care less about him. This has no bearing at all on the dodgers issue. If we were to make a trade with the dodgers it would happen whether this guy is there or not. I hope you didn't buy the idea that this guy was the next cy young candidate.

Your kidding right? You really think cause Person who has pitched like crap and is coming off an injury affects how the dodgers think?No disrespect but I completely dissagree. This guy was a long shot to make it, in fact I could care less about him. This has no bearing at all on the dodgers issue. If we were to make a trade with the dodgers it would happen whether this guy is there or not. I hope you didn't buy the idea that this guy was the next cy young candidate.

that is exactly what I was saying quick. You are preaching to the choir my man.