TV Shows

mreye

a little article with a theory of saved by the bell locations.  its about half way down if you don't want to read the whole thing, but its pretty funny so you should.

http://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/486.html

LOL this guy was one angry viewer. I always wondered if the Max was part of the school or what not. I just remember there would be times where they'd be at the Max, and someone would say they would have to get back to class. I wish my cafeteria looked like that. That show is definitely a classic though.

Does anyone know in which state Green Acres and/or Petticoat Junction was set?

Now you have opened a syndicated TV Land can of worms.

To put a location to Green Acres and Petticoat Junction, you need to figure out where the Beverly Hillbillies came from, as the two later shows were spun off of Beverly Hillbillies. The old Clampett homestead was intimated to be just over the mountain from Hooterville, and Hooterville was just a short train ride away from Petticoat Junction. Everything was close enough together that they all did their shopping at Sam Drucker’s general store. So if we can locate the Clampettt homestead, we can proceed from there. Piece of cake, right? Right.

“Where are the Beverly Hillbillies from?” is one of those never-really-answered questions like “where is the Simpsons’ Springfield located?” (I read MA In the thread, but I’m incredulous). The Clampetts were identified as an Ozark mountain family in the show, so at least it narrows the possibilities down to Missouri, Arkansas, or (less likely) Oklahoma. The none-too-good 1993 “Beverly Hillbillies” movie with Jim “Ernest” Varney as Jed does actually place them in Arkansas, at least according to an online movie synopsis I looked up.

But it seems like the Clampetts from the TV series were from the Missouri Ozarks. Two real Missouri towns, Bugtussle and Silver Dollar City, are regularly mentioned on the show as being close by.

OK, that wasted some time. Now I’d better go do something productive…