Rod Stewart

Steff

We're going to see him the 20th.. anyone seen him in concert before? Any good?

if I listened long enough to you

I'd find a way to believe that its all true

knowing that you lied

straight faced

while I cried

still I'd look to find a reason to believe

when he sings that, think of me - that song hs more resonence in my life than I care to ever admit - I would love to hear him sing that once for all the times that has been in my life

metallisox, I am rather elderly myself but I will one day laugh knowing that you have gotten as old as Rod Stewart is now and if you can still move let along perform then, more power to you! :whip

metallisox, I am rather elderly myself but I will one day laugh knowing that you have gotten as old as Rod Stewart is now and if you can still move let along perform then, more power to you!

50 is elderly? Since when? Oh yeah, in this superficial soulless MTV culture, 30 is pension age.... :rolleyes:

My great-gramma, bless her heart, just turned 98 (same age as the brilliant folk dance choreographer Igor Moiseev)-- now THAT's old.

As far as laughing at him, you don't have to wait-- you can do it now knowing he is probably braindead and doomed for life of heart-wrenching failure and toil.

Then again, there is nothing even remotely funny about that. ;)

He may be 50, but he looks much older than that.

He strikes me as a Tony Bennett style of crooner now - would that be fair to say?

My wife kinda likes him, but aside from a couple of songs ( Downtown Train and My Heart Can't Tell You No - an absolutely great song ) I've never been much of a fan.

I hope you have a GREAT time, Steff, and I hope he's in as fine a voice as he can muster.

metallisox, I am rather elderly myself but I will one day laugh knowing that you have gotten as old as Rod Stewart is now and if you can still move let along perform then, more power to you!  :whip

...gulp...

I was trying to tease Steff a bit. She has been getting migraines cuz of the AOL board.

I have seen him a couple times since the 70's and enjoyed each show. Tonight's the Night, Georgie Boy, Reason to Believe, we played Forever Young at my son's Christening, and a bunch of others are very meaningful to me. He also did a nice remake of Van Morrison's Have I Told You Lately. Van Morrison's version got me through a particularly rough stretch of my life.

Have I told you lately that I love you

Have I told you there's no one above you

Fill my heart with gladness

Take away my sadness

Ease my troubles, that's what you do

Oh the morning sun in all its glory

Greets the day with hope and comfort too

And you fill my life with laughter

You can make it better

Ease my troubles that's what you do

There's a love that's divine

And it's yours and it's mine

Like the sun at the end of the day

We should give thanks and pray to the One

Take away my sadness

There's a love that's divine

And it's yours and it's mine

And it shines like the sun

At the end of the day we will give thanks

And pray to the One

Take away my sadness

Take away my sadness

Fill my life with gladness

Fill my life with gladness

Take away my sadness

Steff, have a great time. Rod has reinvented himself several times, from his Do you think I'm Sexy days to love song crooner.

every picture tells a story, don't it?

WHAT A GREAT ALBUM!! That's why, with the exception of a song here and there, some of the Stewart stuff from the last 2 decades has left me cold.

I guess it's way of singing his age, aging gracefully, or whatever. But Joe Cocker made the transition better, and some old songsters like Van Morrison never went that way (he got his suck out of the way in the 80s I guess). I think the last several Van albums since maybe Too Long in Exile have been really strong.

As graceful a transition as, say, Tina Turner or AC/DC? 

:lol:

I'd never use AC/DC (young, old, or otherwise) and the word 'graceful' in the same sentence. Wherever in the human genome the AC/DC-liking gene resides, I'm fairly certain I was born without it. I can count the AC/DC songs I like on one hand and have at least 3 fingers left over.

Tina Turner aged gracefully for a long, long time. I had always heard it was her "hot legs" Rod was singing about, and seeing her as the Acid Queen in "Tommy" as a pre-pubescent kid definately gave me a strange but pleasant tingling. But to all good things an end must come. About 10 years or so, the Dorian Gray-model painting of her in the closet that kept getting older must have been bunrd in a fire, because she is showing her age now.

Leading the pack of those who did noot age gracefully... I saw some of that Blondie reunion a couple years ago. Debbie Harry is looking rough, boyo.

Leading the pack of those who did noot age gracefully... I saw some of that Blondie reunion a couple years ago.  Debbie Harry is looking rough, boyo.

You know who ages well? That Asian toots on ER, Yang Ma or some such--  she is almost 40.  So is Stacey Dash of Clueless.

Agnus Young has aged gracefully I thought. :lol:

Funny you should mention Debbie Harry.

I saw Videodrome (good movie, btw) maybe a year back or so. And there was this HOTASS broad I couldn't quite put my finger on.....

You know who does age pretty well? That Asian toots on ER, Ying Ma or some such-- she is almost 40. So is Stacey Dash of Clueless. :o

I'd never use AC/DC (young, old, or otherwise) and the word 'graceful' in the same sentence.  Wherever in the human genome the AC/DC-liking gene resides, I'm fairly certain I was born without it.  I can count the AC/DC songs I like on one hand and have at least 3 fingers left over.

Tina Turner aged gracefully for a long, long time.  I had always heard it was her "hot legs" Rod was singing about, and seeing her as the Acid Queen in "Tommy" as a pre-pubescent kid definately gave me a strange but pleasant tingling.  But to all good things an end must come.  About 10 years or so, the Dorian Gray-model painting of her in the closet that kept getting older must have been bunrd in a fire, because she is showing her age now.

Leading the pack of those who did noot age gracefully... I saw some of that Blondie reunion a couple years ago.  Debbie Harry is looking rough, boyo.

ahhh..brings back memories about tina...i saw her with some army buddies in germany on her private dancer tour....at that time she was huge in europe...we forced our way to the very front of the stage, dead center..the stage was elevated about 5 feet off the ground...she sang private dancer and a few other songs standing almost right on top of me wearing a very very short skirt...needless to say i had "quite the view" that evening :headbang

About 10 years or so, the Dorian Gray-model painting of her in the closet that kept getting older must have been bunrd in a fire, because she is showing her age now.

One of my all-time favorite books.

If we were to cast the movie here who would you cast for Lord Wotton?

Yes, it is a great book.

How about Christopher Lee? I'd have gone with Lee's Hammer Films counterpart Peter Cushing if he was still alive.

Lee's probablt too old now, maybe 20 years ago or so.

Wilde is da man! :headbang

Good f***in' question.

Gotta be Guinness/Harris/Jacobi/Broadbent/Gielgood-like chameleon.

FSJ's Chrisopher Lee suggestion is not bad at all.

Wilde is da man! :headbang

Good f***in' question.

Gotta be Guinness/Harris/Jacobi/Broadbent/Gielgood-like chameleon.

FSJ's Chrisopher Lee suggestion is not bad at all.

Gee Brando, sometimes I think you could do a fine job ;)