Will possible A-Rod trade help White Sox?

Mr. Showtime

I think at this point a Maggs for Garciapara trade doesn't really do it for the Sox. To much time has passed and things have happened with the other teams and the players of interest. I want Maggs and the rest of the big names we have been hearing kicked around to stay with the Sox.

i would also take lowe and nixon. Nixon isnt better the Maggs but he can still hit and as for lowe he went 17-7 last year and would be a solid addition to our shaky pitching staff.

Nixon's also a good LH power hitter for the middle of our lineup.

Probably would cost us Garland too, but that'd be fine with me....I'd rather have 3 good starters then 2 good starters and 1 question mark on how the hell he is going to pitch.

why would boston want to get rid of derek lowe ???...i cant see them giving up two quality players to get one in return...it would have to be a one on one deal..and even that i think garciaparra for maggs is a loser for them..

i just dont see this as a deal that really helps boston...any scenario i see just doesnt make sense for them...they need to add a quality player for like 3 minor league prospects...i imagine they go with what they have and make that move early on , maybe late may when teams start to drop out of the races

why would boston want to get rid of derek lowe ???...i cant see them giving up two quality players to get one in return...it would have to be a one on one deal..and even that i think garciaparra for maggs is a loser for them..

i just dont see this as a deal that really helps boston...any scenario i see just doesnt make sense for them...they need to add a quality player for like 3 minor league prospects...i imagine they go with what they have and make that move early on , maybe late may when teams start to drop out of the races

I don't think they would....however, someone on here posted that there had been a hitch in the negotiation on an extension, and there is a good chance he won't resign with Boston.

Just throwing an idea out there. Not saying it would happen.

I think we should contact our WSI insider Otis Levine and ask him about a possible trade with Boston.......... :lol: :puke

All speculation here.......

If a Arod-NY trade went down, Boston would be desperate to offset the move. And since there are no decent free agents remaining, KW could use the situation to get Nixon,Damon,Williamson. (With a variable insert of a prospect or another player from our side)

I wouldn't of felt this way last season, but right now I'm willing to start 04' with our current roster of players. I'm worried about winning the s***ty AL central before aspiring to build a WS contender. If we're in contention by the all-star break, KW and Ozzie have both promised "surprises." I suppose this offseason has lowered my standards from building a team to win a World Series, to a team built to "compete" in our divison. :bang

What has baseball come to where the NewYork Yankees can have an infield thats worth more the half a billion dollars?

What happens when you lose an all-star caliber 3rd baseman to injury? Do you pick up a spare part? No, you invest Millions of dollars in a future hall of famer. Honestly I'd take My mid-level whitesox's over those million dollar jokes over there in the big apple.

MurcieOne-proud to be a sox fan.

What has baseball come to where the NewYork Yankees can have an infield thats worth more the half a billion dollars?

What happens when you lose an all-star caliber 3rd baseman to injury? Do you pick up a spare part? No, you invest Millions of dollars in a future hall of famer. Honestly I'd take My mid-level whitesox's over those million dollar jokes over there in the big apple.

MurcieOne-proud to be a sox fan.

Wow... well said... :notworthy

Elcaballo45, also proud to be a Sox Fan!

We need a smiley that has a "f*** the Yankees" on here now, cause "f*** the Cubs" just doesnt feel right at this moment.

Just throwing this out there, but if A-Rod is in NY, does Boston have to answer? Do they come calling again for Magglio?

Doubt it.

I think at this point they go with what they have.

They still have too many outfielders and the Sox won't take on significant salary, so I don't see a deal there.

helps us only if we find a way to trade StJosE6

This is the year Jose makes a believer out of you, cw. Tall order, I know. It's passe' to be a big Jose backer, but that's ok because I always get good seats at all the club meetings now!

I have no explaination for my sudden and totally unfounded optimism obout this year's campaign. Must just be the fact that the season is finally around the corner. Spring is here, and hope springs eternal, right?