Will possible A-Rod trade help White Sox?

Mr. Showtime

Yes, Jose V. to the Rangers makes alot of sense if you're JR looking to get your payroll down near the $58 mil level. Don't know what we'd get in return but it really wouldn't matter as long as he's cheap.

This is what I have heard too. Jose Valentine is the one most likely to be affected by this trade. The Rangers need help badly at SS. Hopefully we can get something good in return for him.

This is what I have heard too. Jose Valentine is the one most likely to be affected by this trade. The Rangers need help badly at SS. Hopefully we can get something good in return for him.

I thought the Rangers were planing to move Young to SS when they were going to trade Arod to the Red Sox I would think that that would still be the plan.

I thought the Rangers were planing to move Young to SS when they were going to trade Arod to the Red Sox I would think that that would still be the plan.

I thought I'd heard they might try and move Soriano to CF, which would seem to keep Michael Young at 2B or SS, wherever they want to put him. I think they wouldn't mind taking on Jose....but I don't want to give him up. We better get some damn good players if we give Jose up...we would have the upper hand in the deal.

Still, I would most likely not be in favor of a deal sending Jose to Texas or anywhere for that matter. He is, afterall, our only LH power, no matter what his average is.

I thought I'd heard they might try and move Soriano to CF, which would seem to keep Michael Young at 2B or SS, wherever they want to put him.  I think they wouldn't mind taking on Jose....but I don't want to give him up.  We better get some damn good players if we give Jose up...we would have the upper hand in the deal. 

Still, I would most likely not be in favor of a deal sending Jose to Texas or anywhere for that matter.  He is, afterall, our only LH power, no matter what his average is.

Too bad he won't just stay left handed.

Couple of things. Soriano was a SS until he made it to the majors. Now Jeter (worst in range % in all of basball) will have another player change positions (gold Glover, not Gary Glover.)

Also if I were Kerry Wood or any other Free Agent pitcher, Pedro etc. I would sit back and hope to make it through this season healthy as John Hart and Texas would make great bedfellows for Kid K, as would Pedro and the Yanks and oh where would Boston fit in. Esteban pitching lights out could be huge to us this year and leave us another arm short.

I just looked over the Rangers' team.

Projected lineup

1. Michael Young SS

2. Hank Blalock 3B

3. Alfonso Soriano CF

4. Brian Jordan RF

5. Brad Fullmer DH

6. Mark Teixeira 1B

7. Kevin Mench LF

8. Eric Young 2B

9. Einar Diaz C

You are right. They would move Michael Young to SS and Eric Young, who they signed this offseason, would play 2B. Now who the hell is going to pitch for this team? And we are worried about our staff, YUCK!!!!!!!!

Projected Rotation

Kenny Rogers

Colby Lewis

Joaquin Benoit

R.A. Dickey

Chan Ho Park

Projected Bullpen

Francisco Cordero (Closer)

Jeff Zimmerman

Erasmo Ramirez

Jeff Nelson

Brian Shouse