Robert Person thread deleted ...

Guest JimH

There was a nine or ten page thread about Robert Person on the board, along with some good discussion (and debate) about the relative effectiveness of starting pitchers.

I cannot find the thread, I presume it's been deleted for some reason.

Any of the moderators know the reason why?

Thanks.

Thanks, found it.

I read back through the entire 10 pages.

If personal messages being sent to moderators is public knowledge to other posters, and/or shared with other posters ... wrong, wrong, wrong.

I understand this is a message board and some posters will insist they've never done anything wrong or started anything, and you mods do a good job moving things that have gotten ugly.

Thanks again.

If personal messages being sent to moderators is public knowledge to other posters, and/or shared with other posters ... wrong, wrong, wrong.

Odd how th original comment was made from a person who believes personal information (Frank not returning phone calls)should be kept from the public. I don't know about any of you, but I don't spend time spying on other members to see what area of the site their in. What exactly is the fascination with people wanting to know where other members are? Aboz, Soxfan420, Mr. Showtime, you were in there.......whats the deal? :lol:

Odd how that comment is made from a person who believes personal information (Frank not returning phone calls)should be kept from the public.  I don't know about any of you, but I don't spend time spying on other members to see what area of the site their in.  What exactly is the fascination with people wanting to know where other members are?  Aboz, Soxfan420, Mr. Showtime, you were in there.......whats the deal?  :lol:

huh???

ive never been in the board index unless it is the first page until it goes to all the different forums such has pale hose, sex lies and politics etc.

Yeah, I realized how it can say "Viewing Board Index" and you can be on the main index OR be in Member Index. Until now, I always assumed half of our site would be in the member section spying on other people. :bang

:dips***

Odd how th original comment was made from a person who believes personal information (Frank not returning phone calls)should be kept from the public.  I don't know about any of you, but I don't spend time spying on other members to see what area of the site their in.  What exactly is the fascination with people wanting to know where other members are?  Aboz, Soxfan420, Mr. Showtime, you were in there.......whats the deal?  :lol:

You know I can now see that some people here get preferential treatment around here because they supposedly know people/players or can share inside private information. I was told that I would be kicked off the board here if I had one more disagreement with this person on this board. I wonder if this other person has received the same instructions. I have seen this persons post and what this person said about me but I refuse to comment on any of it. I was told we were to both stick to the subject of baseball. I held up to my end of the bargain, as I have no problem in doing so. The other person found it necessary to get personal and insulting. I'm sorry this person constantly feels attacked when I have a different opinion. If you look back at that thread, not once did I get personal nor did I get offensive, insulting, or attacking. What I did in the thread was similar to what I have seen many others do on this board. If I disagree with someone and they can't back up their stance then maybe they should walk away without insulting. In the past week I have also agreed with this person. I have thanked this person. There has been nothing wrong with my attitude. Now all of a sudden it is my fault again at least that is the case to some around here, that things turn into a personal argument or attacking. If you look back I was still looking to talk about the baseball argument. Never did I make the attack on the other person. I would like to apologize to everyone here if I offended any of you with my behavior. Take care people!

SSI

Mods, please move this thread to the off-topic boards.

Many boards have the "don't talk about the board on the board" policy.

The first person who gets META gets banned.

I don't think we should go to these extremes, but it should be a given that if somebody starts a NON-baseball topic on Pale Hose Forum, it should be MOVED or DELETED within minutes.

How hard can it be?

You know I can now see that some people here get preferential treatment around here because they supposedly know people/players or can share inside private information. I was told that I would be kicked off the board here if I had one more disagreement with this person on this board. I wonder if this other person has received the same instructions. I have seen this persons post and what this person said about me but I refuse to comment on any of it.  I was told we were to both stick to the subject of baseball. I held up to my end of the bargain, as I have no problem in doing so. The other person found it necessary to get personal and insulting. I'm sorry this person constantly feels attacked when I have a different opinion. If you look back at that thread, not once did I get personal nor did I get offensive, insulting, or attacking. What I did in the thread was similar to what I have seen many others do on this board. If I disagree with someone and they can't back up their stance then maybe they should walk away without insulting. In the past week I have also agreed with this person. I have thanked this person. There has been nothing wrong with my attitude. Now all of a sudden it is my fault again at least that is the case to some around here, that things turn into a personal argument or attacking. If you look back I was still looking to talk about the baseball argument. Never did I make the attack on the other person. I would like to apologize to everyone here if I offended any of you with my behavior. Take care people!

SSI

We have all had arguments on here. We understand when to stop and draw the line though. I have argued with PA and Steff before, but all is fine now...why can't you go that way? It's all about peace, just relax a little.

You know I can now see that some people here get preferential treatment around here because they supposedly know people/players or can share inside private information. I was told that I would be kicked off the board here if I had one more disagreement with this person on this board. I wonder if this other person has received the same instructions. I have seen this persons post and what this person said about me but I refuse to comment on any of it.  I was told we were to both stick to the subject of baseball. I held up to my end of the bargain, as I have no problem in doing so. The other person found it necessary to get personal and insulting. I'm sorry this person constantly feels attacked when I have a different opinion. If you look back at that thread, not once did I get personal nor did I get offensive, insulting, or attacking. What I did in the thread was similar to what I have seen many others do on this board. If I disagree with someone and they can't back up their stance then maybe they should walk away without insulting. In the past week I have also agreed with this person. I have thanked this person. There has been nothing wrong with my attitude. Now all of a sudden it is my fault again at least that is the case to some around here, that things turn into a personal argument or attacking. If you look back I was still looking to talk about the baseball argument. Never did I make the attack on the other person. I would like to apologize to everyone here if I offended any of you with my behavior. Take care people!

SSI

True.

Who (without any biasm) can deny that SSI gets unfairly treated around here? In a recent fight, he is told to "be a man" and end the argument....despite how the other person is grown ass adult who should be given the same discretion. Because someone personally knows mods on this board should not mean they get preferential treatment.

JimH noticed himself how SSI did nothing wrong on the Robert Person thread except disagreeing with a fellow member. Like that never happens. It began a simple baseball argument that reached onto a personal level. And when SSI tried to solve the problem with a mod he is called out, again! I will have no problem in backing up SSI, even if it means fellow members/mods disliking me.

We have all had arguments on here. We understand when to stop and draw the line though. I have argued with PA and Steff before, but all is fine now...why can't you go that way? It's all about peace, just relax a little.

I understand what you are saying but please show me where I ever crossed the line in that thread. I would really like to know because I don't see it. I understand this is all about peace, but then why isn't this same exact thing being said to the other person involved as well. It seems as though it is pretty easy to knock me and everyone just stays away from the other person. It seems as though I am not the only one involved here. Thank you, I will now hang up and listen for my answer. :D

me to i ussally get insulted several times, but do i care....... NOPE because in the end it really doesnt matter, besides it makes it fun :)