Are the spankees...

southsideirish

that or maybe realize that he won several WS titles when he was listening to his baseball people and not signing every big name free agent out there. If they don't win this year, he'll fire tons of people and make wholesale changes. The Yankees will either then go back to doing things the right way and be a little more patient or they will self-destruct and become the Yankees of the 80's with lots of talent and high priced players and not enough wins.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If they don't win this year, he'll fire tons of people and make wholesale changes. The Yankees will either then go back to doing things the right way and be a little more patient or they will self-destruct and become the Yankees of the 80's with lots of talent and high priced players and not enough wins.

Rex,

Along those same lines, I heard an interview with Chalrie Steiner yesterday (Yankees announcer), and he said that if they don't win the World Series this year, he can see Steinbrenner saying "Why the hell am I spending all this money if I'm not winning it all?" and making wholesale changes, much like you said.

If they don't win this year, he'll fire tons of people and make wholesale changes. The Yankees will either then go back to doing things the right way and be a little more patient or they will self-destruct and become the Yankees of the 80's with lots of talent and high priced players and not enough wins.

Rex,

Along those same lines, I heard an interview with Chalrie Steiner yesterday (Yankees announcer), and he said that if they don't win the World Series this year, he can see Steinbrenner saying "Why the hell am I spending all this money if I'm not winning it all?" and making wholesale changes, much like you said.

Didn't George say that last year though.. and wasn't Joe supposed to be the first to go?

that or maybe realize that he won several WS titles when he was listening to his baseball people and not signing every big name free agent out there.  If they don't win this year, he'll fire tons of people and make wholesale changes.  The Yankees will either then go back to doing things the right way and be a little more patient or they will self-destruct and become the Yankees of the 80's with lots of talent and high priced players and not enough wins.

I think you are correct. Plus I believe the Rangers are paying part of ARod's salary so the Yanks don't go over the 200 million dollar mark. Do the Yanks take even a bigger tax hit if they hit the 200 million mark? I didn't completely understand why they wanted to specifically stay under that mark. Thank you, I will now hang up and listen for my answer. :D