The answer to the Yankees Lefty problem..

Steff

Why is Mark Buehrle's name on that list? :nono

That really irritates me. He's OURS, Georgie, and you can't have him. So go scratch, Daddy Warbucks. If the Yanks want a lefty so badly, they can pick up Shawn Estes for a song. With that lineup, Estes and his 6.00 ERA would still win 15 games.

Why is Mark Buehrle's name on that list?    :nono

Because he can, and obviously will, buy whomever he wants. And if anyone thinks that Mark wouldn't leap over to the Yanks faster than flies on a garbage heap.. :headshake

It's business. It hasn't been "for the love of the game" in a long time..

Mark isn't going anywhere for the next 3-4 years. He signed a legal binding contract to pitch with the White Sox, and I expect him and the team to honor said contract.

(Keep in mind that I'm typing this with my fingers crossed. And yes, it's very painful - and awkward).

Mark isn't going anywhere for the next 3-4 years.  He signed a legal binding contract to pitch with the White Sox, and I expect him and the team to honor said contract. 

(Keep in mind that I'm typing this with my fingers crossed.  And yes, it's very painful - and awkward).

You are right. Buehrle is not being paid a lot of money either. There is no reason to give a quality lefty away unless we are getting a lot of young talent in return, which the Yankees don't have. I highly doubt Buehrle is going anywhere. That is just absurd.

Mark isn't going anywhere for the next 3-4 years.  He signed a legal binding contract to pitch with the White Sox, and I expect him and the team to honor said contract. 

(Keep in mind that I'm typing this with my fingers crossed.  And yes, it's very painful - and awkward).

Keep them crossed.. this orginization does everything just in spite of their fans. I have no doubt that the Sox wouldn't agree to Mark's salary + 10% and a couple prospects.

Hopefully not.. but nothing would surprise me.

Steff,

That's pure blasphemy. The organization is completely fan-friendly and does anything it can to appease us and make us happy. :bang

If Kenny's courteous responses at SoxFest and the renovations of the upper deck don't prove that, I don't know what does. :chair

(Being a Sox fan, I really need to buy stock in Tylenol).

I think that given the Sox current pitching situation, Mark wouldnt be traded for quiet some time unless the Yankees made an unbelievable offer, Mark starts to fall off, or SEVERAL of the Sox young minor leagures go beyond expectations and make Mark dispencible.

Steff,

That's pure blasphemy.  The organization is completely fan-friendly and does anything it can to appease us and make us happy. :bang

If Kenny's courteous responses at SoxFest and the renovations of the upper deck don't prove that, I don't know what does.  :chair

I think you were kidding....

But to elaborate, I do think they are definitely the most kid and stomach friendly. Best FUNdamentals in all of baseball and the menu is to die for.

This is very true...wasting that 5 million on Jose....could that money be spent in a more stupid manner??? He is a waste.

Look at the SS around the league and look at Jose's stats. You tell me how much he is worth as a SS. That money is spent about right most likely. The one deal I look at is the Konerko deal. That one hurts. 8 mill a year just because he had a great 1st half. Can anyone give examples of how KW can spend more wisely? I think he has done a decent job in that department if you take away the Konerko deal.

Even if KW spent money a bit more wise, this team can not keep up with the ATM machine that is the Yanks. Only thing we can hope for is that the farm teams the Sox have can bring in some good talent. Only problem with that is the Sox are notorious with refusing to pay them and keeping them. ie what will happen with Mags. such is life I guess.

Even if KW spent money a bit more wise, this team can not keep up with the ATM machine that is the Yanks. Only thing we can hope for is that the farm teams the Sox have can bring in some good talent. Only problem with that is the Sox are notorious with refusing to pay them and keeping them. ie what will happen with Mags. such is life I guess.

Just like the A's? :D i.e. Giambi, Tejada..... Seattle? ARod, Griff, RJ? Other teams are able to do it. We should too.

Of course I'm kidding.

I just can't see the Sox getting rid of Buehrle unless we get a monstrous trade offer that no one in their right mind could refuse. Buehrle is not Mark Prior, or maybe even Barry Zito, but he's a very good pitcher who is a season of good luck away from winning 22 games, IMO. He's an "ace" type, and you can't easily replace that - well, the Yankees can, but WE can't.

Plus, I think Buehrle is happy to be here, and any animosity he had towards the team should be dead and gone. They offered him a nice contract, he refused, then had a bad season (or mediocre if you prefer). So what did the Sox do? They offered him basically the same contract in good faith.

I don't know if any of this makes sense or not, but I try. :rolleyes:

I think you have to give Steinbrenner credit. Where Reinsdorf says he wants to bring a championship to the South Side, Steinbrenner does something about it!

I know that the economics between the Sox and the Yankees are as different as night and day, but, George will do whatever it takes to bring a championship to New York.

Major League Baseball has become akin to a game of high stakes poker...if you don't have the bankroll, you can't sit at the "big table". My problem with JR is, I know he has the bankroll, he just won't spend it!

The solution...SELL JERRY, SELL!!!!

Irish,

If the Sox would have let Valentin walk and then did what the Tigers did and made a sweet small trade to aquire Carlos Guillen. The Sox would have been way ahead. I would much rather have CG than Jose. Plus CG is half the price of Jose.

I see your point jester. It is a very good one in fact. That deal may not turn out to be so small when it is all said and done. The Tigers traded away a player by the name of Juan Gonzalez. He is a single A SS who some think highly of. Carlos Guillen is a good player, but they must have been asking too much from us because I think there were rumors of us obtaining him. Either that or we were asking them to take on Valentin and his entire contract in return. Good post jester, good point.

How long do you think b4 Ryan Wing will be ready?

Rex Hudler would be better suited to answer that. My opinion? I don't want to rush the kid and potentially destroy his confidence.

However, if Wing, Honel, and Cotts are in our rotation next year or the year after, we are sitting pretty.