Competition for the Hawks

With the impending NHL lockout that could last up to 2 years (according to some rumors), this is a prime time for the Wolves to step up and steal the Hawks fans. They could take this opportunity to promote the living day lights out of themselves and become a major factor in the hockey landscape in Chicago. If this NHL lock-out forces the Hawks to make some major changes, the Hawks could step right into the NHL and compete with the Hawks and with the way the owners of the Hawks carry themselves, they would win a competition war. Just my thoughts. What do you think?

With the impending NHL lockout that could last up to 2 years (according to some rumors), this is a prime time for the Wolves to step up and steal the Hawks fans. They could take this opportunity to promote the living day lights out of themselves and become a major factor in the hockey landscape in Chicago. If this NHL lock-out forces the Hawks to make some major changes, the Hawks could step right into the NHL and compete with the Hawks and with the way the owners of the Hawks carry themselves, they would win a competition war. Just my thoughts. What do you think?

The Wolves would lose to the Blackhawks by atleast 8 or 9 goals.

The best Wolves player is steve Maltais.... he's tried to get into the NHL for years and I think he played like 3 games for the Blue Jackets and was cut.

The Wolves are a IHL/AHL team only.... they would be embarrassed.

The Wolves would lose to the Blackhawks by atleast 8 or 9 goals.

The best Wolves player is steve Maltais.... he's tried to get into the NHL for years and I think he played like 3 games for the Blue Jackets and was cut.

The Wolves are a IHL/AHL team only.... they would be embarrassed.

No no no. If the team were to switch leagues, i think it would have to enter as an expansion team. I dont think it would carry its current players with it.

That is already happening. When I went to see the Wolves last December I talked to a bunch of "blackhawk refugees" and they talked about a lot of their Friends switching over to being Wolves fans due to the miserable performance of the Slackhawks.

The Wolves are where its at when it comes to Chicago hockey.  They play their asses off every night and its cheap as hell to go see em play.

They're a joke.... they stage fights so people go see their games..... its a joke of a team and it's not as good as NHL hockey.

Please, why not go see the RUSH play in the AFL, becuase the Bears are not a playoff team.

I love the Hawks, and always will.

They're a joke.... they stage fights so people go see their games..... its a joke of a team and it's not as good as NHL hockey.

Please, why not go see the RUSH play in the AFL, becuase the Bears are not a playoff team.

It may not be as good as NHL hockey but its still better than Blackhawk hockey. At least when I go to see the Wolves play I dont spend 100 dollars for just myself to see them get owned on their own rink by the dregs of the NHL.

It may not be as good as NHL hockey but its still better than Blackhawk hockey.  At least when I go to see the Wolves play I dont spend 100 dollars for just myself to see them get owned on their own rink by the dregs of the NHL.

I agree. It's less expensive and a hell of a lot more fun. Then again, I love hockey at any level - UHL, ECHL, AHL and NHL (I know there are other levels, but I have seen the EC, A and N level teams play and follow the scores of the U). I am sorry to say that I didn't get to enjoy the IHL before they disbanded. No one in my family was/is a hockey fan so I didn't get into it until 2000/2001.

I love watching the Wolves play. And sorry, all the fights are not staged. There is some genuine hate there between the Wolves and a couple teams, especially the Griffs.

I love watching the Wolves play.  And sorry, all the fights are not staged.  There is some genuine hate there between the Wolves and a couple teams, especially the Griffs.

And the only reason any of the fights are "staged" Is because of the instigator rule, so basically both guys have to agree to fight, or else someone has an automatic ejection. Its not like the good old days when it comes to being an enforcer. You can't run a guy anymore, just to even a score.

And the only reason any of the fights are "staged" Is because of the instigator rule, so basically both guys have to agree to fight, or else someone has an automatic ejection.  Its not like the good old days when it comes to being an enforcer.  You can't run a guy anymore, just to even a score.

The insigator rule cracks me up because it is enforced when the officiating wants to enforce it. I think they should be able to settle a score. For me, a good example of being able to settle something would be Canes-Caps (the ongoing Doig-Adams (now both Craig and Kevyn are involved in it). Then again those guys really hate each other...

The insigator rule cracks me up because it is enforced when the officiating wants to enforce it.  I think they should be able to settle a score.  For me, a good example of being able to settle something would be Canes-Caps (the ongoing Doig-Adams (now both Craig and Kevyn are involved in it).  Then again those guys really hate each other...

Where it really comes into play is when someone gets cheapshoted and hurt. So then the team sends out their goon to run the guy who hurt someone. Instead of being able to even the score on the ice, he has to hope the guy will accept an invitation to fight. If not, he is out of luck, and the team with the hurt player never feels vindicated, and instead they take a cheapshot at someone to even the score. When all it would have take is someone to drop the gloves and it would have been fixed.

Where it really comes into play is when someone gets cheapshoted and hurt.  So then the team sends out their goon to run the guy who hurt someone.  Instead of being able to even the score on the ice, he has to hope the guy will accept an invitation to fight.

DOIG-KEVYN ADAMS (the guy Doig knee-capped and has been out since)!!!! That's the situation that has boiled over and stuff will continue to happen until it is settled.

(my way of agreeing 110% with ya! :lol: )

Sorry, Murc, but I can't side with you on this one.

The Wolves put on a better show for a better price.

Their management actually CARES about their fanbase.

The Hawks have put a minor-league product on the ice more often than not lately anyway, so if I'm going to watch minor-leaguers, I'll watch them on BOTH teams.

I used to love the Hawks, but they chased me away.

The Wolves are already in competition with the Hawks.  The Hawks haven't realized that yet.

There's a lot of things that the Hawks haven't realized yet. Like the fact that their fan base is shriveling to a few idiots still willing to pay to see a s***ty team get owned on their home rink by another s***ty team.