Bush and abortion

LowerCaseRepublican

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised you'd like FDR. Cheating on poor Eleanor with many a lass.

I don't know where you were hiding, but I already said that occasional adultery is FAR, FAR down on the list of sins/crimes I give a s*** about it. I live in reality and it's not perfect. Policy and issues delineated in one of my earliest posts interest me far more.

AWOL, coke, bribery, DUI and abortion allegations are but FOOTNOTES to the Bush saga; their only value is in further underscoring W's complete worthlessness as far as the American public and the human race are concerned.

Those who refer to "character" when discussing W better be ironic while doing so.

And that Pearl Harbor "theory" doesn't even deserve a reply. It's simply pathetic.

...as long as the beer is Blue Moon...

You know, I thought about you this weekend when I tried the new Sam Adams White Ale. It's the 3rd incarnation of the Belgian wit style by Sam Adams and it is really quite good. I think the spicing, color, phenolic character, and wheat haze are all more true-to-style than Blue Moon (it's not Hogarden or Celis, but it's not bad).

The possible downside for you is the labeling claims the beer is unfiltered. It does not say it's bottle conditioned so the yeast may have been removed by centrifugation. But, recalling that you and teastie beasties don't see eye-to-eye, I would not drink more than one of them at first to see how it sits. Taste-wise though, I guarantee you'll like it.

Cheers from your man in Beervana! :drink

No, I believe "disgusting" referred to that whole "baby killers" angle, Bob.

Nice try. Cute.

Dude, if you find the reference to the victims of abortion as "babies" disgusting, then you seriously need to toughen up. People who believe abortion is wrong feel that a baby is being killed. That isn't rhetoric. That isn't spin. That isn't turning a phrase. Personally, I feel abortion is wrong, but I'm not out throwing blood on women walking into clinics. I don't understand how someone who has gone to a sonogram and seen their unborn child there with his arms behind his head relaxing, or be able to see that he has your nose, or have your wife say "Wow, he's going to be a wild one!", and not feel that he's a baby in the womb. I have certainly withheld judgment of people on this board on this issue, or tried to, and certainly haven't called what anyone believes disgusting.

As for your saying the Pearl Harbor accusation is pathetic, what is that based on? There are certainly many historians that believe FDR was given prior warning and there's a lot of evidence to back it up. I'm not well read on it, but I do know it's out there. So for you to say it's pathetic blindly is no different than if I were to say it's pathetic to even suggest GWB went AWOL, ignoring the fact that there is evidence. I may not agree or believe, but I won't say it's pathetic.

If there is one thing that I have learned in my 30 years on the planet is those who don't know, label.

Like this?:

(now the real baby killer could be considered to be G W Bush who ordered a war based on lies about immient threats and babies as well as children and pregnant women were indeed among the collateral damage in Iraq)

Dude, if you find the reference to the victims of abortion as "babies" disgusting, then you seriously need to toughen up. People who believe abortion is wrong feel that a baby is being killed. That isn't rhetoric. That isn't spin. That isn't turning a phrase. Personally, I feel abortion is wrong, but I'm not out throwing blood on women walking into clinics. I don't understand how someone who has gone to a sonogram and seen their unborn child there with his arms behind his head relaxing, or be able to see that he has your nose, or have your wife say "Wow, he's going to be a wild one!", and not feel that he's a baby in the womb. I have certainly withheld judgment of people on this board on this issue, or tried to, and certainly haven't called what anyone believes disgusting.

Absolutely! How come when you want "it," "it's" a "baby", but when you don't it's a "fetus"?

Dude, if you find the reference to the victims of abortion as "babies" disgusting, then you seriously need to toughen up.

No thanks.

As for your saying the Pearl Harbor accusation is pathetic, what is that based on? There are certainly many historians that believe FDR was given prior warning and there's a lot of evidence to back it up. I'm not well read on it, but I do know it's out there. 

"Out there" is damn right. :lol:

There is also "evidence" that Martians are stealing my thoughts.

For every book and scholarly article pushing the FDR-knew-and-let-it-happen thesis, there are 100 that soundly dismantle it.

CW is correct, 9/11 comparison is apt.

Absolutely! How come when you want "it," "it's" a "baby", but when you don't it's a "fetus"?

I also tend to lovingly refer to each and every cute little spermie as "half my baby", but I still "spill it on the ground" on daily basis when push comes the shove.

I wouldn't want my future child to be aborted, but I have the luxury of not being a woman.

It's all about compassion and understanding of POV's that are foreign (to you or me).

Once again....you don't like early-stage pregnancy terminations? DON'T HAVE THEM.