Bush and abortion

LowerCaseRepublican

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll use small words so you can understand. If you feel that a baby in the womb is an actual baby, and that babies should not be aborted, it stands to reason that all babies, conceived under any circumstances, should not be aborted. A baby conceived in the back seat of a car by two high school sweethearts is a baby in every regard as one conceived by a rape or a case of incest. It is a s***ty situation, no doubt.

Again, I never said that I felt this way. I am against abortion, but I would never judge someone who would get an abortion under any circumstance. But I also respect peoples views and beliefs. If someone believes that a fetus is a baby and that no babies, none, should be aborted, I respect their views. I understand why someone who is against aborting what is considered babies would be against aborting all babies.

Is that clear enough for you?  :headshake

i agree. In my opinion, a baby is a baby born or unborn. The 'fetus' is a baby. There should be no distinction. I too would never judge someone who had an abortion, but i strongly am against abortion because in my opinion you're killing a baby.

Another thing i dont get is how can abortion be legal AND people (Scott Peterson) can be charged with murder for killing an UNBORN child. Kinda doesnt make sense. It should be one way or the other in BOTH cases.

Late term abortion was banned during this administration yes. But it took more than just G.W.

oh why am I posting this...

under Roe v Wade third trimester abortions have always been severely limited. That has never been changed.

Once again Congress has passed a bill which legislates a particular medical procedure done rarely, done almost exclusively in the second trimester when the life of the woman is at risk (and Congress simply declared in its bill that the woman's life is never at risk - go ahead and read the thing).

The only difference is that this law was signed and not passed by overriding a veto.

This law is as unconstitutional as its predecessors, which have all been tossed by the Supreme Court for not having an exception for the life of the women (hence Congress declaring the woman's life is never at risk so therefore there needs be no exception for the same). I wish I were making up this stupidity. But it is true and I didn't vote for anyone involved in this grandstanding.

That this law is unconstitutional is evidenced by it being instantly enjoined in a number of federal courts the moment it took effect.

The splendor of the current administration is that to defend this (unconstitutional) law, they are issuing subpoenas for the private medical records of every patient who has had an abortion by any of the doctors who filed the constitutional challenge to the law.

So much for the conservatives acting on a belief in the privacy of a woman's medical records - this is a new federal threat, if you challenge us, we will expose your patients private records to the world in open court. The issue of the subpoenas is before several federal courts now. The subpoenas have been tossed in one federal district court; decisions await in the others.

oh why am I posting this...

under Roe v Wade third trimester abortions have always been severely limited.  That has never been changed.

Once again Congress has passed a bill which legislates a particular medical procedure done rarely, done almost exclusively in the second trimester when the life of the woman is at risk (and Congress simply declared in its bill that the woman's life is never at risk - go ahead and read the thing).

The only difference is that this law was signd and not passed by over riding a veto.

This law is as unconstitutional as its predecessors, which ahs all been ossed by the Supreme Court for not having an exception for the life of the women (hence Congress declaring the woman's life is never at risk so therefore there needs be no exception for the same). I wish I were making up this stupidity.  But i is true and I didn't vote for anyone involved in this grandstanding.

That this law is unconstitutional is evidenced by it being instantly enjoined in a number of federal courts the moment it took effect.

The splendor of the current administration is that to defend this (unconstitutional) law, they are issuing subpoenas for the private medical records of every patient who has had an abortion by ant of the doctors who filed the costitutional challenge to the law.

So much for the  conservatives acting on a belief in the privacy of a woman's medical records  - this is a new federal threat, if you challenge us, we will expose your patients private records to the world in open court.  The issue of the subpoenas is before several federal courts now.  The subpoenas have been tossed in one federal district court; decisions await in the others.

Damn straight, Mr. CW.

You tell em like it is.