Censorship on Soxtalk.com

israel4ever

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I invite you to hang out for a week on one of the public boards, and you will know exactly what I am trying to aviod.  The plethora of complete garbage overwealms any intelligent conversation and forces good posters to look for other places for information.  At Soxtalk just about anything is tolerated, but their are lines.  Allowing people to intentionally degrade this site by making stuff up won't be allowed. 

And as to the what would he have to gain, the answer is I don't know.  Why do people troll at all?  There must be something to gain from it.  Entertainment, revenge, boredom, they could all be reasons for this type of behavior. It happens all the time.  It is the big reason that I left the ESPN.com board.

SOUTHSIDER:

THANKS FOR THE REINSTATEMENT AND THE APOLOGY. JUST REPORTING LIKE I HEARD, LIKE I HEARD THAT LOWE WAS UNHAPPY IN BOSTON, THAT FRANK WAS AT THE UFC IN VEGAS, JUST TRYING TO KEEP SOX FANS LIKE MYSELF POSTED ON THE LATEST. I HAD NOTHING TO GAIN TO MAKE THIS UP. WHAT I4L WROTE IS 100% ACCURATE. WE ARE BROTHERS WHO GREW UP ON THE NORTH SIDE OF CHICAGO, ROGERS PARK AREA, DIE HARD SOX FANS, WITH MY YOUNGER BROTHER AS WELL, OLDEST A CUB FAN, AND MAYBE THATS WHY WE STILL DON'T GET ALONG. WE DON'T WORK IN VIRGINIA BUT AT O'HARE W/ THE FEDS, WHOSE MAINFRAME IS OUT OF THE DC AREA, MAYBE THAT'S WHY THE ADDRESS IS SHOWN THERE. I WOULD LIKE TO LET THIS TOPIC DIE AS WELL, BUT AGAIN, MY BROTHER AND I ARE NOT THE SAME PERSON, IN FACT, HE LED ME TO YOUR SITE.

BOB OR STEVE BARTMAN'S MY IDOL.

SOUTHSIDER:

THANKS FOR THE REINSTATEMENT AND THE APOLOGY. JUST REPORTING LIKE I HEARD, LIKE I HEARD THAT LOWE WAS UNHAPPY IN BOSTON, THAT FRANK WAS AT THE UFC IN VEGAS, JUST TRYING TO KEEP SOX FANS LIKE MYSELF POSTED ON THE LATEST. I HAD NOTHING TO GAIN TO MAKE THIS UP. WHAT I4L WROTE IS 100% ACCURATE. WE ARE BROTHERS WHO GREW UP ON THE NORTH SIDE OF CHICAGO, ROGERS PARK AREA, DIE HARD SOX FANS, WITH MY YOUNGER BROTHER AS WELL, OLDEST A CUB FAN, AND MAYBE THATS WHY WE STILL DON'T GET ALONG. WE DON'T WORK IN VIRGINIA BUT AT O'HARE W/ THE FEDS, WHOSE MAINFRAME IS OUT OF THE DC AREA, MAYBE THAT'S WHY THE ADDRESS IS SHOWN THERE. I WOULD LIKE TO LET THIS TOPIC DIE AS WELL, BUT AGAIN, MY BROTHER AND I ARE NOT THE SAME PERSON, IN FACT, HE LED ME TO YOUR SITE.

BOB OR STEVE BARTMAN'S MY IDOL.

How about taking off your caps lock? Thanks.

2) You have "posters" like Apu, for example, who is allowed to spout off his "knowledge" on a myriad of topics, much of which he knows little or nothing about.

Totally uncalled for IMO, you've got no reason to be attacking Mr. Apu, and yes that is Mr. Apu to you roody poo...

Totally uncalled for IMO, you've got no reason to be attacking Mr. Apu, and yes that is Mr. Apu to you roody poo...

Right on Aboz.

I4E, please stop the personal attacks on other posters. And I have read the articles that Apu posted and they are from credible places--and I've heard MANY of the same stats he cites in my Judeo-Christian classes. So, just stop flaming him and other people who disagree with you--it doesn't create the type of atmosphere that we all would like to have here, i.e. one that is condusive to discussion.

Ya know what... if you don't like the topic of something posted. Don't read it. No one forces anyone to read the silly, stupid, or political threads.

Awful lot of "chiefs" popping up around here lately..  :unsure:

Please don't call me out Steff....

What a lovely f***ing day :D

anyone hear A-Rod is building a fence to keep his Jewish roomates out of his MP3 playlist, because it contains emenem songs about killing the president? He is also posting hotchickpix on his website which links to the official Yankee website. I just heard it on . . .

Ya know what... if you don't like the topic of something posted. Don't read it. No one forces anyone to read the silly, stupid, or political threads.

Awful lot of "chiefs" popping up around here lately..  :unsure:

It's just rude--that's the only thing that bothers me. I'm sorry, you have no right to call people on honest to goodness facts and then try and shame them over and over. I am just really bothered by the rudeness. I mean 2 personal attacks in 1 thread is a bit much--that's my only problem...

It's just rude--that's the only thing that bothers me. I'm sorry, you have no right to call people on honest to goodness facts and then try and shame them over and over. I am just really bothered by the rudeness. I mean 2 personal attacks in 1 thread is a bit much--that's my only problem...

I gotta agree 110% with this post. We should be able to debate without resorting to name calling.

2) You have "posters" like Apu, for example, who is allowed to spout off his "knowledge" on a myriad of topics, much of which he knows little or nothing about.

3) You have other "posters" who attempt to abuse and mock others, use derogatory and/or inflammatory and/or offensive language towards others; they are not censored or suspended.

Ah yes, I spout my "knowledge" as you call it and yet I am met with, not sources disputing the claims, but rather "anti-Semite", "terrorist lover" et al. If you're going to even attempt to take the high moral road, then refrain from making baseless personal attacks. Especially when I had nothing to do with the suspension of Steve Bartman's My Idol. But who needs facts when one is quite apt at being a knee jerk reactionary?

And in #3 would you be referencing yourself, I4E? Just saying is all.