Soriano lied about his age?!?!?!

Steff

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll carbon-date Zambrano myself.

That "kid" is 22 like Pujols is 24.

25 and 26 respectively would be my guess.

Brando, Pujols is 24. Why?? Even tho he's dominican and was born there he was raised in the States and came here at a very young age. I don't think his parents were thinking MLB at that time.

Now I don't think El Duque is 37, he's more like 43. I know a former Pitcher for the Puertorican national team and he's 37 and told me he made the National team when he was 19 and El Duque had pitched several years on the Cuban Team

The Rangers should be entitled to some type of compensation for this. If the Yankees did know about this and cover it up, they should be fined roughly the amount of ARod's contract that the Rangers agreed to pay. :lol: Seriously, they should be fined quite heavily.

If they do get fined, I wonder which treasure chest George will dip into to pay the fine. :headshake

If they kept something like that hidden, that's bad business practice and a violation of "good faith" between the two teams. I remember hearing all that "bad business practice" and "good faith" mumbo-jumbo during SirotkaGate a few years ago.

Do we even know if this is true for sure?  I haven't seen any reports other than what Rome was reportedly talking about.  Could this have happened a couple of years ago and just now being brought back up?

Baseball america has a list of all of the known trade discrepancies, and Soriano isn't on there as of March 27,2003 so it can't be that old.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/features/newages03.html

Do we even know if this is true for sure?  I haven't seen any reports other than what Rome was reportedly talking about.  Could this have happened a couple of years ago and just now being brought back up?

Rex.. you doubt me..? :nono

:lolhitting

I just posted an article in the Pujols thread. Also, it was on ESPN last night.

I heard about this on espn news last night. They said Soriano is 28 and not 26 like the Yankees had formerly thought. They did also mention that they found this out before the big trade and Texas did know Soriano was 28 and not 26 when the trade went down. They made it sound like no big deal.

and sorry if I repeated what you said in the other thread Steff :D

I heard about this on espn news last night.  They said Soriano is 28 and not 26 like the Yankees had formerly thought.  They did also mention that they found this out before the big trade and Texas did know Soriano was 28 and not 26 when the trade went down.  They made it sound like no big deal.

So if everyone that needed to know about his age did know about his age what the hell is the big deal?

So if everyone that needed to know about his age did know about his age what the hell is the big deal?

It's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. But it is something that baseball is trying to clean up and prevent from happening.

He is just one of many that have misreported their ages. I don't see any reason why he should be singled out.

Is this really big news that people from overseas lied about their age to increase their value as a prospect? Yeah Soriano did it, but he is far from the first or only one. Plus both teams knew about it. It really doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

It's easy to do.

Birth certificates is all they could go by when they issue the SS#

I tihnk Catherine Zeta Jones got caught when she visited the WH and they ran a background check. And she is from Wales.

When you're from, say, Dominican, records are kept on napkins if at all.

Actually, this story came out last year, but the Yankees did not change his age in their media guides.

But the Yankees have been aware of this since it was uncovered last offseason.

Speaking of boosting your age, remember Danny Almonte :lol: