finally - an article all sox fans will love

baggio202

My take on the cubs is this.  They made some moves this offseason some were very newsworthy but none were all that earthshaking.

They have 7 everyday players which may strikeout over 120 times (Patterson, Sosa, Ramirez, Gonzo, Lee and Barrett) plus the pitchers spot.  I can honestly see them averaging about 9 a game.  What will that do when the wind is blowing in and they need to move runners over?

Their rotation is better than good but not great.  I think Oakland's is great.  This assumes no injuries.  They had four guys lose double digit games and were all healthy.  Zambrano and Clement were terrible at the end of the season.  What makes anyone thinks they were not flukes.  Maddux was a six inning pitcher last year what will he be this year?  Andrew Jones catches everything in center, the cub defense is not that great.  What happens after Ramirez launches one into the dugout four times in a game and K's four times?  Wood has never won more than 14 games in a year and has flashes of brillance but can breakdown and be wild.  Prior......well he is just plain awesome.

Their bullpen.  The old lefty is old.  Borowski may have been a flash in the pan and he is old and hawkins and Farnsworth are capable of cracking under the pressure.  There is a reason the Yanks went with Gordon over Hawkins and it wasn't money.

Are the cubs better than the Sox, I am not as naive to say no but I do not think they are all they are cracked up to be especially when I feel the Astros rotation is better.         

IMHO  :)

i think the astros rotation is much better then the cubs because of the influence and experience that pettite and clemens will have on there other pitchers such as oswalt and miller.

Great article.

My take on everything: Right now I view all the Cubs have done as their time to shine in the light. So be it. It's not our turn, it might not be our turn this year, or in ten years. I'm 16, and I am certain the Sox will someday shine again. IMO, they are very close to shining, some talent needs to pan out, a few signings, hopefully, and we're back. Our team is nowhere near disgraceful this year. The only thing I wish we had something better of was starting pitching. OUr pitching is very iffy and tons of question marks. I also hope so much that Frank wins a World Series with us.

But for now... let the Cub fans bask in the glory. I'm just ignoring everything right now and following my own team. After so many years they have something to be happy about, good for them.

ahh to be 16 again..and actually remember what true hope felt like :lol:

Cubs fans seem to just be cubs fans when it counts. Then when the cubs make the playoffss everyone seems to just come out of no where and start to say that there a cubs fan, just ridiculous. Sure the cubs get more attention every year but all i have to say is that we took 4 out of 6 from them last year when they were central champs. Its rough being a sox fan but i love it and im sure glad i wasnt born into cubdom.