Do we have any potential E-LO's

Soxguy

I know we cant expect one of these unknown to come in and win 21 games, but do you guys think we have someone who is gonna just surprise us all this season? I have this gut feeling that this is gonna be a breakout year for Garland. Here's to wishful thinking :cheers

I know we cant expect one of these unknown to come in and win 21 games, but do you guys think we have someone who is gonna just surprise us all this season?  I have this gut feeling that this is gonna be a breakout year for Garland.  Here's to wishful thinking  :cheers

I thought Robert Person had a chance to be a E-LO this year but he got hurt. If Garland could ever live up to his potential I would be one very happy fan.

I thought Robert Person had a chance to be a E-LO this year but he got hurt.  If Garland could ever live up to his potential I would be one very happy fan.

what do we think garland's potential really is??

190 plus IP...12 - 13 , 4.51 era...how much better do we expect out of him???

what do we think garland's potential really is??

190 plus IP...12 - 13 , 4.51 era...how much better do we expect out of him???

I think you can expect 1999-2000 Sirotka like numbers from him:Sirotka's stats

Somwhere in the 200 inning range, about 4.00 ERA...

His innings will no doubt increase just based on the managerial change. JM had no confidence in JG, and routinely took him out early. I think OG will leave him in longer and give him a chance to work himself out of jams.

Plus the kid is only 24 years old, Alfonso Soriano is 28, both are in thier first year of arbitration eligability.

JG still has a VERY HIGH cieling, he has yet to reach his full potential.

------------------------

As for a response to the thread title. I don't think anyone has a chance to be an E-lo. E-Lo was an opening day starter for the Blue Jays before falling out of favor.

The oneguy I think who has a chance to really impress is Grilli, And that's just based on his draft position. He has an equal chance of getting toasted and not making the club.

I think you can expect 1999-2000 Sirotka like numbers from him:Sirotka's stats

Somwhere in the 200 inning range, about 4.00 ERA...

His innings will no doubt increase just based on the managerial change.  JM had no confidence in JG, and routinely took him out early.  I think OG will leave him in longer and give him a chance to work himself out of jams.

------------------------

As for a response to the thread title.  I don't think anyone has a chance to be an E-lo.  E-Lo was an opening day starter for the Blue Jays before falling out of favor.

The oneguy I think who has a chance to really impress is Grilli, And that's just based on his draft position. He has an equal chance of getting toasted and not making the club.

why do you guys think ozzie wont have a quick hook either??

the bullpen might turn oput to be this team's strength if zero , pollitte and koch perform well (big ifs i know)..but if it does i sure hope OG doesnt turn into the pitcher torturer DB...

but ive always liked the idea of using a bullpen alot...thats what they are there for imo

Josh Stewart.

Had pretty good numbers before he got hit by a liner by the O's. Tried his next start against the M's and got splattered, then he went on the DL. I thought the kid showed some promise last year, if he's healthy he could help.

Josh Stewart.

Had pretty good numbers before he got hit by a liner by the O's.  Tried his next start against the M's and got splattered, then he went on the DL.  I thought the kid showed some promise last year, if he's healthy he could help.

i kinda liked josh stewart...if we do have another e-lo..i hope its him

While we may not have any potential Elo's, I think the Sox have some pitching prospects that could come up and hold their own in the majors, slowly getting better and if things work out, by the end of the season they could be good enough to pitch in a playoff game.

Of course it all depends, but I think guys like Cotts, Pacecho, and possibly even someone like Malone could step it up. I don't mention Rauch because I don't think anything of him, but I'd love for him to prove me wrong.

I just get a gut feeling that Grilli is going to surprise this year. Also I would not be surprised if Shoney has a better than expected year. I heard hes added a cutter and could be more effective.

Grilli has some nasty stuff, if he's healthy, he's got a good a chance as any. Of course thats still a pretty low chance, but hell, every winning team needs a little luck. (Now I'm already ready for the reply to this :lol: )

There is a separate thread going on this but it also pertains to this one.

From the Sox site on MLB.Com

"New addition: Frank Campos was added to the White Sox roster as a non-roster invitee, bringing the total in camp to 54 and the total of pitchers to 30. Campos was acquired from Milwaukee in the minor-league phase of the Rule 5 draft during the Winter Meetings in New Orleans.

"The 31-year-old, who pitched nine seasons with Triple-A Campeche in the Mexican League, dominated during this past winter ball season in the Mexican Pacific League. Campos topped all hurlers with 10 victories, 68 strikeouts and a 2.19 ERA in 90 innings for Mazatlan."