MVP 2004

DonkeyKongerko

in the second clip it scrolls through the teams and it says there rankings and the sox are ranked 8th :o 

btw the cubs are ranked 7th :unsure:

Yeah I noticed this too very interesting, here's some details:

Cubs 7th:

Pitching 4th

Hitting 16th

Fielding 30th

Speed? 23rd

White Sox 8th:

Pitching 15th

Hitting 9th

Fielding 13th

Speed 27th

BTW Kansas City is at 15 and Minnesota at 22nd??

Ohh I just noticed that All Star Teams are #1 and #2 so the White Sox are actually 6th in MLB according to the makers of this game.

Play In The Minors: For the first time ever, play with minor league clubs from Class AA and Class AAA. Now featuring 60 farm teams, MVP Baseball 2004 lets you take to the field with the Durham Bulls, Toledo Mud Hens, and many more.

wow, i heard they were going to have the minors but i thought you could just use the rosters not play their games. That kicks ass :headbang

Yeah, on further research, it looks like most the rosters were locked in on 1/15/04 so Colon and Everett among others would be missing from the White Sox roster.  The average rankings for fielding and pitching seem to make sense, i guess i'm just surprised that the combination puts us at #6.

I have a feeling they will have the A-Rod and Maddux deals updated.

This game looks awesome. I'm guessing Shingo will be added to be on the game.

I think it comes out like the 6th of March or something, not sure. This and ESPN are supposed to be really good this year, but I think MVP is going to be the best.

I'm going to get this one.

This game looks awesome.  I'm guessing Shingo will be added to be on the game. 

I think it comes out like the 6th of March or something, not sure.  This and ESPN are supposed to be really good this year, but I think MVP is going to be the best.

I'm going to get this one.

The minor leagues sold me :lol:

march 9th I think, we sould have a Soxtalk online league or something.

All winter I've been looking for a good game to play. And it finally came. But now, I'm going to busy as hell with playing baseball and getting a job. When I had time to play, I couldn't get a good game, and now that a great baseball game is finally here, I can't play it that much. :angry: This game will kick ass though. :headbang

I spent alot of time this winter researching these games to make sure that I get the right one.  I play full 162 game seasons w/ the sox in whatever game I get, I can't f***ing wait for this game.

Do u at all sim innings, so u can close out da games or make a late inning rally. I just luved that feature they put in last year. Nothin like throwin 98 MPH high fastballs with Koch to pick up the save.

Do u at all sim innings, so u can close out da games or make a late inning rally. I just luved that feature they put in last year. Nothin like throwin 98 MPH high fastballs with Koch to pick up the save.

hell no, no simming at all.

I also play OOTP, which is a baseball game completely based on simming so it kind of balances out. ;)

From what I heard they made a special update for A-Rod, not sure about Maddux. Either way, as soon as you get online, there will probably be a roster update available for download. Still I'm not sure if Shingo was part of the MLBPA when they signed off on MVP baseball. There are gonna be plenty of filler players already like John Dowd for Barry Bonds.

BTW did anyone see the manage only mode?? It looks really cool because you don't have to watch the whole game. It plays out on a 2D scorecard thing that looks like gamecast. You get to choose how to pitch to batters and when to put on shifts or other hitting plays.

I just got finished watching some of those movies and all i have to say is WOW. In sports games, one thing I love is atmosphere and whether or not the game can make it realistic, this game certainly does. They have music intros for at-bats, chants from the crowd, everything. I'm so getting this on the first day.

I'm goin to get my Dad to get it for me for about $1.50 when he goes back to Kuala Lumpur. But this is the game I'm most lookin forward to along with The Movies.

Hey DBAHO, is The Movies coming out on just PC? I remember reading about it, its been a long time coming. It should be darn interesting to play. As for MVP, I will thoroughly enjoy playing it. Especially because the good ole Greenville Braves are on it. I spent at least 4 nights every week out at Greenville Memorial Stadium from 1992 to 1995. :headbang

Hey DBAHO, is The Movies coming out on just PC? I remember reading about it, its been a long time coming. It should be darn interesting to play. As for MVP, I will thoroughly enjoy playing it. Especially because the good ole Greenville Braves are on it. I spent at least 4 nights every week out at Greenville Memorial Stadium from 1992 to 1995.  :headbang

No it's coming out on XBox, Gamecune and Playstation 2 as well. It's made by the same company in England that made Black and White. This should help ya out Capn12,

Gamespot Page

IGN Page

Thats so s***ty that Bonds isnt in the games anymore. Whatever.

I have a question about the rosters. Im not online with PS2, can someone just download the rosters to a memory card, then give it to me? Like is that possible, cause if it is, I have some freinds who are online with PS2 and just have them do it, but can you just save it all with a memory card?

yeah that's possible tony. Your friends will have their rosters file on their memroy card. If you get their card, you can put it into the 2nd slot and copy the file from theirs to yours, it's really easy to do.