Looks like Big Frank is staying:

CSF

According to Newsday, DePodesta and the Dodgers think Big Frank is only suited for the AL.

Now that this has been settled (I hope), I hope Frank puts up an MVP type season and shut all the doubters and naysayers up.

GO BIG FRANK!

GO YOU WHITE SOX!

(BTW, I heard this on the Score. I'll try to find a link. And if this has already been posted, sorry.)

Here's the tidbit from Newsday:

LA Rejects Big Hurt

New Dodgers GM Paul DePodesta scuttled the Frank Thomas-Odalis Perez deal that was in place before he was hired, telling people Thomas is "an AL player." The new idea might be to try to redo the deal, substituting Paul Konerko, though his $8-million salary is rich for the Dodgers' new pauper owner, Frank McCourt . . . There's word that Dodgers scouting director Logan White could be in trouble, odd given that "the Dodgers have the best prospects of anyone," one NL exec said ... Former Yankees exec Kim

Ng has been asked to return by DePodesta.

According to Newsday, DePodesta and the Dodgers think Big Frank is only suited for the AL. 

Now that this has been settled (I hope), I hope Frank puts up an MVP type season and shut all the doubters and naysayers up.

GO BIG FRANK!

GO YOU WHITE SOX!

(BTW, I heard this on the Score.  I'll try to find a link.  And if this has already been posted, sorry.)

i hope your right because Big Frank having an MVP caliber year would be amazing.

Ummm....... Frank's OBP is much better than Konerko's.

Oops, dunno what I was thinkin, definitely not .OBP, Thomas was .390 last year while Konerko in a bad year was way down to .305 down from .359 a year ago. But in 2002 Thomas has an .OPS of 833 while Konerko had of .857. Think that's what I first meant. Paul should rebound to that this year.

GO BIG FRANK!

GO YOU WHITE SOX!

(BTW, I heard this on the Score.  I'll try to find a link.  And if this has already been posted, sorry.)

I think we all know Franks mvp days r over. But i'd be happy if he were to match last years 42 hr's and 105 rbi's...I would like the average to be a lil higher too...

I think we all know Franks mvp days r over.  But i'd be happy if he were to match last years 42 hr's and 105 rbi's...I would like the average to be a lil higher too...

I still think it's very conceivable that Frank could put up MVP type numbers.

I think we all know Franks mvp days r over.  But i'd be happy if he were to match last years 42 hr's and 105 rbi's...I would like the average to be a lil higher too...

I'm pretty sure Frank finished in the top 5 last year for MVP voting, I see no reason why he couldn't have a repeat year

Oops, dunno what I was thinkin, definitely not .OBP, Thomas was .390 last year while Konerko in a bad year was way down to .305 down from .359 a year ago. But in 2002 Thomas has an .OPS of 833 while Konerko had of .857. Think that's what I first meant. Paul should rebound to that this year.

Meanwhile, Thomas's career OPS of .996 destroys Konerko's career OPS of .812. And Thomas's OPS of .952 last year will probably be repeated this year(if not better), and it will most likely wipe out whatever Konerko does.

If we can get Odalis for Konerko, straight up, get it done and over with and make DePodesta's first move a very s***ty one.

id watch out with konerko i think last year was a fluke depodestas like beane, a shark, he'll get u with a trade for pk.

Part of the reason why I'm not ready to part with PK is the same reason why I didn't want Foulke to leave: He'll go elsewhere and rediscover his hitting stroke while we wonder "What if?"

Meanwhile, Thomas's career OPS of .996 destroys Konerko's career OPS of .812.  And Thomas's OPS of .952 last year will probably be repeated this year(if not better), and it will most likely wipe out whatever Konerko does.

Yeah, tell me about it. This DBAHO guy needs to lay off the crack rock.

The big question is will Frank show up on Wednesday and what will Ozzie do if he doesnt.

That's a very good question. Unless there is a valid reason, he should get the same 'punishment' (it's not the word I am looking for, but it's close) that anyother player showing up late.

Overall, I think he and the rest of the boys will be there when they are supposed to be there.

You know, this place feels like church.  Do I not have the right to assume that someone is smoking crack when they talk about the Dodgers wanting Konerko moreso than Thomas on the strength of OPS?  Am I in the wrong here?  Let me know.

It's ok if you feel that person's opinion is not very good, but don't assume he's smoking a crack pipe or is mentally retarded. That's very disrespectful. It's ok if you mean as sarcasm (state it in green ) but not as an actual statement. ;)