2nd Base Problem

whitesoxin'

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex.. I know this is a s***ty reason.. but from things that Sidney has told me. As well as Alvie Sheppard (former O's minor leaguer) who both had nothing positive to say about his skills. I saw Willie play as much as anyone else who watched the Sox last year. I saw nothing of him in his minor league career, but a great minor league career doesn't equal major league success. I don't see any spark from him except from his mouth. He talks a good game. Reminds me of Royce and Jiminez. Just gut..

Thanks for the input Steff......

Look at Jose's defensive numbers last yaer and then tell me he wasn't, at the very least, a decent shortstop.

I agree with you on that point, but I also believe that he stepped it up a notch because of his counterpart R.Alomar. Call it what you may, but whether it's a sport or playing an instrument or whatever, you tend to be and play better when there is a more talented inspiration that is with you on a day, to day basis. Valentin is decent at best, as you said, but not rock solid.

I agree with you on that point, but I also believe that he stepped it up a notch because of his counterpart R.Alomar. Call it what you may, but whether it's a sport or playing an instrument or whatever, you tend to be and play better when there is a more talented inspiration that is with you on a day, to day basis. Valentin is decent at best, as you said,  but not rock solid.

Alomar was on the right side of the infield. He didn't get to, and cleanly field all those ground balls on the left side. Valentin did.

Thanks for the input Steff......

And Rex.. I hope I am wrong. But the opinions are coming from those who have played with him so I have to put stock into that. I'm going to be in the O's camp next month and I'll ask around a bit more and see how others feel about him. Also I'm sure I'll get some feedback from Arizona as well and I'll relay that if it's valuable to the discussion.