John Kerry's Chinese connection

southsider2k5

Kerry claim to be clean and innocent, but the more people do research into him, he gets dirtier and dirtier. Know you know why I supported Dean, he was probably one of the cleanest canidates. And when it comes to a personal life vs personal life battle for the White House, Kerry will NOT beat Bush.

Kerry claim to be clean and innocent, but the more people do research into him, he gets dirtier and dirtier. Know you know why I supported Dean, he was probably one of the cleanest canidates. And when it comes to a personal life vs personal life battle for the White House, Kerry will NOT beat Bush.

That's what sucks about politics!

It should be ONLY about who'd be a better President, not about the candidates' personal lives! Should we care that Mr. X smoked pot in college, or Candidate Q likes to wear dresses, etc.? HELL NO!!!

All that SHOULD matter is who's best for America! (It ain't George Bush, that's for damn sure!)

:usa :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa

It should be ONLY about who'd be a better President, not about the candidates' personal lives! Should we care that Mr. X smoked pot in college, or Candidate Q likes to wear dresses, etc.? HELL NO!!!

All that SHOULD matter is who's best for America! (It ain't George Bush, that's for damn sure!)

:usa  :usa  :usa  :usa  :usa  :usa  :usa

If they guy is taking campaign money from a foreign national, and trying to use his position to curry favor with the SEC from that donor, that kinda raises the same red flags, as Cheney and Haliburton. I don't think a good President does these kind of things.

Both Bush and Kerry are speical interest scumbags.

the article begins with saying that "unwittingly" help was given

that the money was returned,

and that there was no way Kerry could have known the source of the money when he got it but returned it when he learned

where here is the problem?

John McCain was one of the Keating 5 and no one has called him a scumbag (note: this is not directed to ss2k4 - just to people calling them all scumbags in general - to an extent they ahve to be because of the system - in some Cheney cases he has been a scumbag and in some it was just politics as needs to be practiced - depends on what the particulars are)

the scandal is the huge amounts of moneys that need to be raised to fund these campaigns - the Kerry/Weld race was extraordinary in both sides were pumping in money

I am rather sure that almost if not every Senator has taken in something they later returned andintroduced someoneone to someone "unwittingly" and wishes they hadn't - part of the game, that's the sad part.

the article begins with saying that "unwittingly" help was given

that the money was returned,

and that there was no way Kerry could have known the source of the money when he got it but returned it when he learned

where here is the problem?

John McCain was one of the Keating 5 and no one has called him a scumbag

the scandal is the huge amounts of moneys that need to be raised to fund these campaigns - the Kerry/Weld race was extraordinary in both sides were pumping in money

I am rather sure that almost if not every Senator has taken in something they later returned andintroduced someoneone to someone "unwittingly" and wishes they hadn't - part of the game, that's the sad part.

McCain hasn't been brought up. And yes, he too, is a scumbag.

McCain hasn't been brought up.  And yes, he too, is a scumbag.

note, I edited that post -- that was not a back handed thing at all and I deeply regret that it might have looked that way

McCain was unique in that he survived of the Keating 5 by plunging himself into campaign fiance reform and most people have judged him as sincere on that

this arguement seems to be brought up by people when "THEIR GUY" is the one with the hand caught in the cookie jar...but as soon as someone on the other side gets caught this arguement is all but forgotten as villify the wrongdoer..hell im guilty of it myself...

its always gonna be party and politics first and the country 2nd...just the way it is right now....thats why a viable 3rd party is needed...one that wont get in bed with either donkeys or elephants

note, I edited that post -- that was not a back handed thing at all and I deeply regret that it might have looked that way

McCain was unique in that he survived of the Keating 5 by plunging himself into campaign fiance reform and most people have judged him as sincere on that

No prob, CW.

Anyway. There still remains an issue with that, that a lot of people have had with Bush Cheney, and that is influence selling. Even if he didn't realize that the contributions were illegal, Cheney still took money from someone and then placed a call to the SEC to try to help them get their stock listed. That issue isn't explained away by the return of the contribution.

I can almost excuse a politician for smoking some weed when he/she was younger. A lot of people, not including myself, did that stuff when they were that age & I really dont hold it against anyone.

Before anyone flames me I never ripped on any politician for smoking weed when they were young.