Willie batted .450

BrandoFan

OT: You know, you're going to have to change your name again. Willie is wearing #1 this season :D Which is odd seeing as 12 is available again and he has the damn thing tattooed on him, but that Willie for ya....

I, for one, would love to see willie wear the #1. Maybe it'll help him play more like One Dog.

I think he said on the Score that he only played in 25 games.. so he got 11, 12 hits.

I only caught a bit of the conversation as my stupid ass Cub fan boss was tossing more work on my desk and trying to talk to me about someone saying Bonds is on the juice..

Anyone else hear anything about the last part?? :huh

How does 11 or 12 hits in 25 games equal out to over .400?  :huh

Did he only get one at bat a game?  :huh

Based on past winter ball games I have attended, where players usually bat twice, is what I based it on.

50 hits / 11 = .454

And I didn't use a calculator so if I'm off a hit, save the lesson.

You probably thought 50/11 which is 4.54...11/50 is .220.

Exactly. Thank you White Sox 04 :headbang

Plus I believe the original statement was "he only played in 25 games so he got 11,12 hits." If he received 2 ABs, as proposed, a game that would give him 50 ABs.

12/50 = .240

11/50 = .220

Far from hitting over .400.

He would have needed 20 or more hits to hit .400 and above in 50 ABs.

Oopsie daisy.

The only numbers I can find for Willie in Puerto Rico is three games played for Mayaguez where he played in three games and went 2-10. I remember JoshPR saying Willie came down there, and left within a week.

Unless he came back for the playoffs, I have no idea where those numbers are coming from. I looked up the stats for all the Puerto Rican League teams.

The only numbers I can find for Willie in Puerto Rico is three games played for Mayaguez where he played in three games and went 2-10.  I remember JoshPR saying Willie came down there, and left within a week.

Unless he came back for the playoffs, I have no idea where those numbers are coming from.  I looked up the stats for all the Puerto Rican League teams.

Rex, I was looking through a crate full of 90's baseball cards this past week, and guess whose card I found?

Answer: Rex Hudler.

The only numbers I can find for Willie in Puerto Rico is three games played for Mayaguez where he played in three games and went 2-10.  I remember JoshPR saying Willie came down there, and left within a week.

Unless he came back for the playoffs, I have no idea where those numbers are coming from.  I looked up the stats for all the Puerto Rican League teams.

Boophone asked him if he playeed Winterball

He said yes.

North followed it up with a smirking "how did you do?" cuz he thought judging from his tone of voice Willie wouldn't want to talk about it.

Willie said he got 11 or 12 hits in 25 at bats. Sounded weird to me, hence the thread title in the question form in order to confirm it.

Too bad none of you funooks know either. :D

Yes.. thanks 04.. I was running out the door from work so I answered half assed.

And thanks SSI for being the jagbag you are always so good at being..

Honest mistake. We've all made it before in damned Math classes. (I did it in Bio a few days ago figuring out my grade and thought I had a 940%)

Honest mistake. We've all made it before in damned Math classes. (I did it in Bio a few days ago figuring out my grade and thought I had a 940%)

I got in the car, realized my mistake, and said.."oh geez.. watch someone make some stupid ass issue out of it...." :rolleyes: