Anyone know if Carlos reported today?

Elcaballo45

From the Sox web site:

Where is Mr. Lee? The lone missing player Wednesday at ‘Camp Guillen’ was left fielder Carlos Lee, who was flying from Panama and should be in Tucson on Thursday. Lee wanted to make sure he could bring his entire family along, and his change in plans turned into a slight miscommunication with White Sox general manager Ken Williams and Lee’s new manager.

“That was not miscommunication. It was no communication,” said Williams with a wry smile regarding Lee’s absence. “But Carlos’ intentions were very honorable, I believe. This is nothing more than him wanting to bring his family with from Panama, through customs, and all the issues you deal with in regards to travel.

“We aren’t going to make a big deal. We would have liked him here, and he had every intention to ask permission from Ozzie and myself but never got around to it. There’s no malice whatsoever on his part.”

Lee had a breakout season in 2003, hitting .291 with 31 home runs, 113 RBIs and 18 stolen bases.

Carlos has never shown even the slightest inclination to start trouble.  He'll be there and be hustling.  Carlos Lee is the man!

Lol, you dont have to tell me that, thats one of the reasons im one of his biggest fans!

Carlos is indeed the man, and his 110 percent effort is what will cause him to get to that next level and hopefully an All Star this year!

Carlos has never shown even the slightest inclination to start trouble.  He'll be there and be hustling.  Carlos Lee is the man!

i agree. I dont think carlos would be the guy to start any sort of trouble. Hes also definetly an ozzie guillen type player who hustles, plays with heart and has a burning desire to win. NOW IF ONLY BIG FRANK WERE LIKE THAT

Optimistic Lee arrives,

Carlos Lee reported to camp Thursday, the last position player to do so. He was asked where he felt the Sox fit in with Kansas City and Minnesota in the Central Division. "I think we are better," he said. "If we put everything together, we'll be unbeatable." … Right now, shortstop Jose Valentin will bat second against right-handers, behind Willie Harris. If a left-hander is pitching, however, Guillen is likely to put Lee in the second spot. Valentin hit just .131 against left-handers last season. … When Valentin saw the Sox would be playing the Montreal Expos this season, he thought it would be in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Valentin is from Manati, Puerto Rico and plays there in the off-season. The series will be played in Montreal. …