Nike Commercial

Brian

Anyone else see this Nike commercial? I caught it on MTV...I mean ESPN. It was like 2 minutes long, Lance Armstrong was boxing, Urlacher and Vick were playing hockey for the Avalanche, Agassi was playing for the Red Sox, Randy Johnson was bowling, and Marion Jones was doing gymnastics. Really well made.

Anyone else see this Nike commercial? I caught it on MTV...I mean ESPN. It was like 2 minutes long, Lance Armstrong was boxing, Urlacher and Vick were playing hockey for the Avalanche, Agassi was playing for the Red Sox, Randy Johnson was bowling, and Marion Jones was doing gymnastics. Really well made.

It was good. And it all looked authentic. I liked Urlacher laying out someone in the corner.

It was good.  And it all looked authentic.  I liked Urlacher laying out someone in the corner.

The gymnastics looked awful. It was rather clear that they had to superimpose something. I'm guessing they used Dominique Dawes because she was black. Yes, I know who she is, but it's only because my mom follows gymnastics. :ph34r: It was funny seeing Vick playing hockey. A black guy playing hockey is just weird, not that I'm racist.

I have seen it and I think it is cool as hell.

And most probably can't tell, but if you know anything about bowling and how to make a ball hook, or "curve" as some call it, like Randy Johnson does, you would know that that is superimposed as well. When he's standing on the approach getting ready to go into his motion, he holds the ball with a conventional grip. He then sends the ball out to the left and brings it back about 20-25 boards, and rips the pins apart. I'm a decent bowler, and I can do that on a good day when the lanes are dry, while using a fingertip grip, where only your fingertips, and not your whole fingers, are in the ball. You need to get some serious turn on the ball to do that with fingertips, and the way he throws it, there is no way in hell he could get it to turn that much, unless his thumb is completely out of the ball, and if that were so, he would have little control of it on the backswing.

There's your bowling lesson for the day. :)

Also, Agassi's looks a little cheesy, but is cool nonetheless.