Possible Konerko injury:

CSF

He got hit in the left elbow by a Jason Grilli pitch and left for the trainer's room in considerable pain.

He came back out and charged the mound.  He'll be getting there around 4 pm.

That's Great! :lol:

However, look at this in a positive light. Grilli must be showing right off the bat that he is a grinder and isn't afraid to throw inside. I hope they are both having fun and playing the game the right way.

Also, did Maggs follow with a GIDP?

Whew, you scared me by the title of this thread ,good to hear it's not serious.  If we lost konerko, my entire hope for this year is down the drain.

And you're not joking?

Konerko's a good player, and everyone knows that. However, he could be easily replaced. Bring in Tino Martinez from Tampa, bring in Fred McGriff from Tampa(I know I'm going to get grilled for that one, but as a replacement player, he'd be OK for atleast a little time), and there are way more out there that I'm just not thinking of.

Now, if we lost Maggs/Buehrle/Loaiza/Thomas/Marte(to an extent)...knock on wood...then my hopes would go down the drain.

Um, no I'm definitely serious about that. Konerko is going to have a monster year this year, take my word for it. And even if he didn't get back to form, he's still better than most. We can't have another hole on offense to add onto 2B and CF. So no, i wasn't being sarcastic konerko is a necessary part to our success this year.

Um, no I'm definitely serious about that.  Konerko is going to have a monster year this year, take my word for it.  And even if he didn't get back to form, he's still better than most.  We can't have another hole on offense to add onto 2B and CF.  So no, i wasn't being sarcastic konerko is a necessary part to our success this year.

You forgot the hole at C....Olivo sucks at hitting......another mendoza line candidate

Um, no I'm definitely serious about that.  Konerko is going to have a monster year this year, take my word for it.  And even if he didn't get back to form, he's still better than most.  We can't have another hole on offense to add onto 2B and CF.  So no, i wasn't being sarcastic konerko is a necessary part to our success this year.

I agree with you. Konerko has a big time chip on his shoulder and he's one of those players that will come out of the gate clubbing the ball.

I expect big things from Konerko, quite possibly a career year. Either way I expect his numbers to at the very least fall around his career average, although I think it will be a little higher.

I agree with you.  Konerko has a big time chip on his shoulder and he's one of those players that will come out of the gate clubbing the ball.

I expect big things from Konerko, quite possibly a career year.  Either way I expect his numbers to at the very least fall around his career average, although I think it will be a little higher.

i agree too. After last years poor performance, he's gonna come out and prove himself, and show everyone that he's better then that. :bringit

Konerko is on the radio right now. His speaking ability is as slow as his running ability.

I'll post his first response to a question on March 5th. He might actually reach first base at the same time after his first at-bat.

So far, "Paul, what do you think about your slow start?"

Paul : "W.................................................................................e"

Stay tuned for the rest. :bang

You forgot the hole at C....Olivo sucks at hitting......another mendoza line candidate

Olivo's last seaosn at AA, he showed he could hit for average, power and walk as well.

Him, Rowand and Harris will prove y'all wrong. I see Miggy in 250-255 range, a 305 OBP and 405 Slug and 12 steals.