Revenue Recovery Audit job

soxfan420

ive never heard of this job before in my life and i get a call from UPS about it, do any of you know what i will be doing if i take the job?

Revenue recovery is usually terms for refunds, damage claim payments, and insurance claim payments. Sounds like you'd be auditing those payments to make sure they were received..? Perhaps also making sure that overpayments weren't made to vendors of UPS and if they were you would bring that to their attention so that they could be reimbursed?

Auditing is such a broad brush. Did you interview? They didn't explain the job..?

On the plus side.. auditing is a very independent job. A lot of "work alone" time so you're not bothered by a boss every 10 minutes.

Revenue recovery is usually terms for refunds, damage claim payments, and insurance claim payments. Sounds like you'd be auditing those payments to make sure they were received..? Perhaps also making sure that overpayments weren't made to vendors of UPS and if they were you would bring that to their attention so that they could be reimbursed?

Auditing is such a broad brush. Did you interview? They didn't explain the job..?

On the plus side.. auditing is a very independent job. A lot of "work alone" time so you're not bothered by a boss every 10 minutes.

i have an interview tommorow, but im confident i will get the job the lady highering is my CIS teachers wife, and lets just say i made a good imprestion on the instructor i have the highest test scores and grade in the class. plus ive been told i can be extremly charming by my old boss, customers teachers, cops etc. hence i never got in trouble even though i was a horible kid.

i have an interview tommorow, but im confident i will get the job the lady highering is my CIS teacher, and lets just say i made a good imprestion on the instructor i have the highest test scores and grae in the class.

Good luck then.

Auditing is not a job with a "set in stone" proceedure manual. As long as you're ok with asking questions, then you should be OK.

And UPS is a great company to work for.. just don't tell my boss I said that :ph34r:

Good luck then.

Auditing is not a job with a "set in stone" proceedure manual. As long as you're ok with asking questions, then you should be OK.

And UPS is a great company to work for.. just don't tell my boss I said that  :ph34r:

thanks if everything goes well, im hoping i can advance in the company when i get my degree. that is my goal for finding a job right now. i can stay with and get a better job once i get my degree.

ive never heard of this job before in my life and i get a call from UPS about it, do any of you know what i will be doing if i take the job?

Ya, my friend works at UPS and I'm pretty sure he does basically that job. He's an auditor there and essentially he looks at packages and checks if the people lied about the weight.

For example, you have some fragile small object and you put it in a huge box. He will charge the individual extra for that because they are taking up space and I guess that is UPS policy when you sign the contract.

He says its the most kick back job he's ever had. He was doing the loading and unloading for a few months and that was killing him.

I'm assuming this is the same type of auditing, although you could be part of a different auditing department.

Like Steff says, auditing varies a whole lot but it can be sweet cause your basically your own boss. Basically in a lesser sense your a detective. Your essentially skeptical of what your told and you go in and make sure what your told is right. The same holds true for accounting and the amount and types of work you have just vary on what you do.

Ya, my friend works at UPS and I'm pretty sure he does basically that job.  He's an auditor there and essentially he looks at packages and checks if the people lied about the weight. 

For example, you have some fragile small object and you put it in a huge box.  He will charge the individual extra for that because they are taking up space and I guess that is UPS policy when you sign the contract.

if anyone cares... yeah, if your box is a certain girth it is over size and costs extra.. like 84 inches is oversize 1, and there is an oversize 2 but i can't remember what that is. and any air packages use a thing called dimensional weight, volume/192 (i think). the ups auditor here probably hates me cause i never use any of that stuff and just go with standard weight... they fix it on our bill and i usually have a large adjustment. we have a couple of different delivery and pick up guys from ups... the guys who have been there a while have all sorts of vacation and benifits... so it sounds like a good company to stay in.